Thursday, May 6, 2010

Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble

So I did a short run this morning which was a bit painful. When I went to bed last night I was fine but when I woke up with a pain on my upper left rib cage right next to my armpit. After my run when I looked at it in the mirror I had a nice contusion there- obviously from last night's sparring.

Speaking of the dojo- sweep the leg!- last night I partnered up with the Shaman again and he is still quite hot.

The bus ride in this morning there was a hot guy in a suit and sunglasses. The only negative about him was he skipped the tie; seriously, if you are going to wear a suit you should wear the tie as well. Don't be so frackin' lazy.

My workplace provides free beverages in the pantry. There are Cokes, Diet Cokes, Snapples, Diet Snapples and water. The Snapple bottle caps have little factoids on them. The one I read today stated that 6 year olds laugh up to 300 times a day, whereas adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day. I am going to try and be more like a 6 year old.

Over night, Chinese markets were down four percent. One of the main reasons was the leading property company, i.e. real estate, cut prices by 15%. In and off itself not a big deal except that all the LGFV use real estate as the collateral for their borrowings. I don't see how the existence of a bubble can be ignored.

There is a guy I do business with who after the close every night sends out a good commentary and recap of the day's action. Tuesday he commented on how the whole Greek issue could be solved if the ECB would accept all Greek debts as good collateral. I asked for clarification if he was advocating debt monetization? He said no just accept all debts as collateral. So if Greece presents any debt as collateral to the ECB, what does the ECB give them in return? That's right- cash. Thus debt monetization.

Fast forward to today when Trichet says the ECB has not discussed buying government bonds. i.e they are not considering debt monetization. Look out below. The markets were not happy about that comment.

All eye seem to be focused on the Iberian Peninsula right now. Honestly, they are no longer the front line of the contagion; go just north of the Pyrenees- yep, France is actually in the eye of the storm.

Stu Badgley- woof! I was reading on YHOO sports about the Eagles retro jerseys and saw a picture of this hunk of man. I did some more leg work and found out Stu played at Nebraska and is smokin' hot.

My man crush in the office broke up with his girlfriend a few months ago after she made him move to the CT suburbs with him. She dumped him. He got stuck with the lease. His lease is up soon and he mentioned he is considering moving to Hoboken. I assume and PF agreed with me that he is doing that to secretly be closer to me.

Tonight I had drinks with some of my fraternity brothers. It was fun and they are all doing well. I then met the husband in Hoboken for sushi.

The husband is off tomorrow to pick up his younger sister from college. I have the boys and the only plans we have are to see Iron Man 2.

No comments: