Monday, May 10, 2010

What's a trillion amongst friends?

So I swam this morning- not a great swim but eh, whatever. No hot guys I noticed on the bus.

So Fannie Mae has finally admitted what we have known for a while: They may not be a viable, ongoing concern once the government's conservatorship is complete. Great, so that means we the taxpayers will be on the hook for the roughly $7 trillion they have committed to.

Speaking of trillions, the ECB's "stabilization program" (or as some called it Le TARP, lol) is going to cost a total of another $1 trillion. Sadly this will be a huge waste as well as it does not address the actual problems that are present over there. There is a still a solvency issue. I had a lot of questions about how exactly the ECB intends to sterilise their debt monetization program as it all seems like a huge daisy chain/circle jerk of everyone lending to themselves. How the hell is that going to solve anything?

The husband is off to the cottage tomorrow as his week is getting busy. So tonight I skipped the dojo- Kobra Kai never die!- and will go tomorrow night instead.

Tomorrow I have to hit the bike. So not looking forward to that but last night the husband convinced me that we should skip the race we signed up for this weekend and do work on the house. He didn't have to twist my arm too much to get me to agree.

Other than that I really don't have much to write about tonight.

No comments: