Monday, December 28, 2009

It didn't follow the book faithfully

Last night my youngest and I had a great dinner and movie date. We went and saw The Fantastic Mr. Fox. I had not read the book so had no expectations but knew my youngest had read the book so I warned him the reviews said it did not follow the book but was still a great movie.

I have to say it was pretty damn good; the animation was reminiscent of the Rankin & Bass type Christmas specials but much better detail. The story line was pretty good and funny. Apparently the only part other than the names of the three farmers was Mr. Fox getting his tail shot off. Other than that it was completely different according to my youngest. He loved it though.

Of course dinner afterwards was his choice and he choose good old authentic Italian food, a.k.a Olive Garden. I had no choice but to suffer through the "cuisine."

When we got back we played a game of farkle. It was a pretty close game and my youngest won on the very last roll beating out his grandfather but more importantly rubbing it in his brother's face. Gotta love brothers...

This morning we went off to the mall- all five of us. Mom and dad are due for phone upgrades on their cell phones. The actually still have crappy flip phones. So my oldest convinced them they need phones with full keyboards- probably sliders. First though we exchanged my oldest son's jeans he got from grandma for Christmas. We went to Holister and found the right size and exchanged them. While there a hot Marine in full dress uniform came in with some friends and I had to focus on not staring in front of my son, lol. Then it was off to Gap to exchange pants for my youngest that he got from grandma for Christmas. They did not have his size so instead he got a fully lined sip hoodie.

Then grandma and grandpa took their grandsons to see Avatar in 3D. I went home and read the local paper, watched some tv and just vegged out.

When the rest of the family got back from the movie I suggested a game of farkle- of course it was no. I went and took a nap. when I got up I found them playing farkle- those farklers!

Dinner was pizza and wings. Then of course- you guessed if- a game of farkle. this time my oldest beat his younger brother and of course was rubbing it in and my youngest got all pouty and mad. I told him he should have thought of that last night.

We then watched Something, Something, Something Darkside. It was the Family Guy sequel to Blue Harvest. I thought it was good, my oldest loved it and my youngest did not like it as much as Blue Harvest- there was way more adult humor. The uncomfortable part was it was uncensored and mom sat through part of it with us, lol.

Tomorrow the rest of the family gets here and we are all pretty excited. We'll have another Christmas dinner and open some more presents.

So the Fed is changing the rules again. They are amending Regulation D and establishing a term deposit facility. One has to wonder why they are doing all they can to force banks to lend and banks still won't lend. Maybe it's because the banks aren't healthy enough to have not been totally forthright about their health.

The pother rule change is in tax law that will allow a bunch of banks to make themselves seem profitable when they are actually losing boat fulls of money.

Let's just keep kicking that can down the road hoping something magical will happen to fix it all instead of being adults about it and taking our bitter medicine now.

No comments: