Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday night

The past week was fairly busy. Monday through Wednesday night I was finishing up all of the Christmas stuff- wrapping gifts and last minute Christmas cards we did not have addresses for.

Wednesday night I had drinks with PF. He was in town for dinner with his girlfriends. We met and had drinks and I gave him the Christmas gift the husband and I had picked up for him and his bf DR. It wasn't anything big or expensive but when the husband and I saw it we both immediately said we should get it for them. He is doing well and getting ready for his sabbatical when he and DR go off on a three month trip to Asia.

Thursday night was the company Christmas party. It was fun but I did not feel like staying out real late getting totally bombed. It also may have been the fact that one of the PMs and I went out to a local bar right at the close and had some pitchers of beer- pregaming- and then hit the office party. I was on the bus by 8:45 and home by 9:15.

Friday night was Ragnar's annual Christmas party. It was a nice time as always and of course I had the glogg. There is supposed to be an umlat (two little dots) over the O in that word but I have no clue how to type in Swedish.

The snow storm started yesterday afternoon and it was pretty great. I am not exactly sure how much snow we actually received but it was blowing a lot and drifting everywhere. We actually walked over to Hoboken and had breakfast at the little dinner next to the PATH station.

Last night we went into the city and had dinner with TK and then hit a movie. We saw Up In The Air and I have to say the movie was really good. I wouldn't say it was great but just really good. The theater was packed and we all did not sit together.

Today was a great lazy Sunday. We really did nothing. The husband is coming down with a cold so I made him relax all day on the couch in front of the t.v. under a blanket. We caught up on our Scifi and watched Caprica on dvd. I think the Caprica series is actually going to be pretty good and I'm psyched for it to start.

I am surprised Bernake got man of the year from Time but it is usually a contra indicator; such luminaries as Hitler, the Ayatollah, Stalin and other greats have also received it.

The whole idea of Shitigroup paying back TARP is laughable to me. The bank is screwed. BAC broke the deal price, WFC will and C will too. I think the thing that pisses me off the most about the whole thing is no one in the government is actually looking out for our interests- don't forget we all own 34% of C- well now it is about 27% thanks to the government allowing them to dilute the shit out of us by issuing a bit over 5 BILLION more shares- thanks Turbo Tax Timmy and Dr. Bernake...

This week will be another whirlwind of activity. We are having the in-laws over for Christmas-like dinner Wednesday night. Thursday the husband will go down to PJ and ST's farm in central Jersey with the kids, I have to work. The markets close early though so I will drive down there after. We are having Christmas Eve dinner with them at their home and spending Christmas morning there. Christmas afternoon I will pick up the boys and head north for the week at mom and dad's house. The boys are excited to be there for the week. The best thing I think is my oldest texted his grandmother and asked if he could sleep on the recliner in the family room. Of course grandma said yes.

No comments: