Friday, November 20, 2009

Subtrefuge

So The Equalizer died this week. I loved that show. I also saw that Ken Ober died too. I have fond memories of watching Remote Control in college and thought that show was awesome.

I had forgotten about Sugar Babies but the candy bowl on the desk had a bunch of them and I came close to overdosing on them.

I am actually almost done with my Christmas shopping which is pretty damn close to a record for me. One of the things I got was a family game for us t play. I just thought the name of the game sounded too good to not buy-Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot.

I had the day off today as I had a parent-teacher conference for my youngest son. It went as expected- very well. The boys had a half day due to the conferences so I picked them up right after the conference and brought them home. My oldest showed me his report card and it was awesome. He missed honor roll by two points and was so proud of his grades that he felt emboldened enough to ask for picture messaging for his phone, lol.

Last night I got totally blindsided. Earlier in the week the boss asked me to set up drinks with my brother and his boss as we will be doing business with their firm due to an acquisition they made recently. So we get to the restaurant to meet my bro and his boss and go into the room there and bam!- a surprise birthday party for me. It was organized by one of my oldest friends who came in from Chicago. It seems he had been planning this for two months and I was impressed with the number of people involved and that it was kept quiet for two months. I paid for it today and the parent-teacher conference was painful.

The husband went into the city for dinner and a movie with Ragnar. I promised the boys they could stay up until midnight tonight and tomorrow we are having PF and DR over for dinner. Sunday we are having lunch with MP and taking the boys to the Met to see The Art of the Samurai.

No comments: