Saturday, November 7, 2009

A quiet Saturday

So the boss was out sick for the end of the week and I got stuck doing some of his management crap- I am soo glad I am not management. The one good thing is I finished one of the tickets he was working and he is gonna be bummed- it is an illiquid piece of crap that he had for two weeks.

I am totally psyched for the Droid. I have the wireless network that has no bars in more places currently and am fed up with it. Once my contract is up in the spring I am switching. I am most psyched about the Droid because I see it can support Outlook Corporate Exchange which means I can stay with one phone and have the IT guys at work overlay my corporate email on my own cell. The oldest son wants to move to the can you hear me now network so it will all work out well. He also wants to get an ENV Touch but I looked at the Samsung Rogue and think he may actually like that one better. Who knows.

Last night I actually went to the dojo- Kobra Kai never die!- to make up for some classes I had missed. Kick boxing was ok, I did do well against a black belt but I had height and reach on her so she really couldn't get close enough to me. The green belt though was fast as shit and could kick high enough to tag the back of my head- which is illegal. The second class kicked my ass. It was just a core class but it was stations and there were 5 of them and you spent 4 minutes at each one and you had to cycle through the stations twice. Let's just say my shoulders and legs are killing me and I forgot how much jumping rope makes my caves sore.

Tonight the husband and I are going into the city for a cocktail reception for friends of the husband. They got married I guess this afternoon and the reception is this evening. We are probably going to grab dinner afterwards but no clue as to where yet.

Tomorrow we'll go for a run and we have brunch plans with one of the husband's girlfriends.

We were all excited because we thought JD and JW were going to be our neighbors. They looked at apartments in our building, found one and decided to take it. They signed the lease and then got to the pet rider only to find out their dog is not allowed. That totally harshed our gig. We are having them over for dinner tomorrow night though- the husband is making his meatloaf again.

No comments: