Saturday, November 14, 2009

The city disappeared

The past week was fairly busy. As of Monday the husband became a man of leisure. He worked for a large hedge fund that was well known and has now become a bit infamous. I told him to enjoy the rest of the year and the holidays as no one in the business is hiring right now anyways. The good thing is he does not have to go through the whole COBRA bullshit. I already have the employee and family plan for my insurance at work so I can just add him on and it costs me nothing. I checked with HR too and there is no additional tax cost or penalty since we are civilly unionized in New Jersey and the company supports all families who work for them no matter how they are made up.

I cannot believe Thanksgiving has not even happened yet and every frackin' store and mall has got their Christmas stuff up already.

The remnants of Ida have completely blanketed the city today in clouds and normally we have an amazing night time view of the entire skyline from the GWB to Battery Park. Not tonight.

Tomorrow the four of us are off to NC to take our guided tour of Grand Central Terminal. It should be fun and I know the boys are looking forward to seeing as many of the places as possible from The Night Tourist.

No comments: