Sunday, April 26, 2009

Toilet paper is white too and we all know what that is used for

Getting up to speed- the husband left Friday night for his spring break. I had invited him to go to Myrtle Beach with me and the boys and part of my family. He demurred stating if he was taking a week off for spring break he wanted to go to Europe. SO I dropped him off at EWR Friday on my way down to central Jersey to pick up the boys.

The weekend was fun, the weather was amazing. I actually had to run on the air conditioning. The kids have been sleeping in the bed with me and I get to wear my watch to bed. Which is a nice segue to certain rules we have in the house regarding sleeping. If you are going to bed the watch comes off along with all of your clothes no matter what. If you are taking a nap you can wear the watch, clothes stay on and you sleep on top of the covers. If you need something over you use on of the damn blankets- they aren't just accent pieces. It is legal to wear your baseball cap while taking a nap as long as it is tilted down and covering your eyes. But I digress...

So I saw Sayville on the bus the other morning and all I can say is holy shit! The kid looks as hot in a suit as he does in a tank top and tight gym shorts. Today the boys and I dined al fresco for lunch and there was some serious eye candy flaunting it in Hoboken. Which reminds me I saw red hoodie again at the same restaurant the husband and I saw him at last week. Funny- he was eating lunch with the same guy and I am starting to think my meant to be funny, flippant comment of him being on a date with the guy may be true.

I am not a huge conspiracy theorist but the CFO of FRE committing suicide makes me wonder. The guy is my age, worked at the company for 16 years and supposedly had an "institutional" knowledge and memory of the company. If I were a paranoid type I'd say someone took out the person who knew where all the bodies lie. The other thing that makes me wonder is the fact that the SPY is no on the hard to borrow list- WTF? If the SPY is truly hard to borrow then I am starting to think some of the fringe/whackos are right that the government is trying to orchestrate a rally.

I had dinner with my bond friend last week. He makes me look outright cheery about the current state of affairs we've gotten ourselves into. He reaffirmed his belief that Shitigroup and BAC are goners. The results of the stress "tests" the government conducted were given to the banks Friday to much fanfare. Funny thing though- they were all ordered to keep quiet about them. The government also gave out the methodology they used and called it a white paper. Well I know hwy as it is basically toilet paper (which is white) and the only use for it is to wipe your ass after taking a dump. It told you nothing and reinforced the belief posited by many that the stress test was an open book, take home test.

I am having dinner tonight with JP. It will be good to catch up with him. This week will be interesting; I will have to get up earlier than usual so I can walk the kids before work (the husband's usual job) on the days I am swimming for training. I also don't have many plans for the week so I can catch up on the latest Harry Dresden book I bought.

No comments: