Wednesday, April 15, 2009

More about pirates...

So this morning I got to the pool for my long swim and the staff informed there were no towels. I asked if they would have towels within a half hour? They said they did not know. At that point I really didn't have much choice so I jumped in the pool for my long swim. I was psyched that I got 1800 yards in in twenty-eight minutes. When I got out there were towels too which made my swim even better.

I loved the bar chart showing pirates versus Presidents. President Obama 3, pirates zero. Last night the husband asked what the big deal was about our President authorizing the Navy SEALs killing the pirates. I said no clue and don't care, he did the right thing. Along those lines I read where Ron Paul wants to bring back letters of marque and reprisal. Basically those are letter allowing private citizens to go after pirates or other specific targets and assets of said targets, allowing them to keep any treasure they acquire and any bounty on the target. These letters were created when there was no declaration of war but hostilities close to war. If you were issued letters of marque by the United Kingdom you were a privateer, the French version was a corsair. I would go for French letters of marque as corsair sounds way cooler. The practice was ended at the end of the Crimean War with the Declaration of Paris in 1856. As one article said, sort of like Blackwater but with very specific guidelines.

So when Vince from ShamWOW got arrested for beating up a hooker, everyone on the desk started discussing the ShamWOW. We actually ordered them and they arrived today. Of course we ran a few tests and they worked well- hell they are German and you know they make great stuff.

I forgot this past Saturday the husband and I went out for lunch. We walked into the place and there was red-hoodie in sweat pants having lunch with another guy. The host sat us down at the table next to them. My back was to them since I knew the husband would want to stare- which he did. I however was able to listen in on parts of their conversations. I swear I think it was a date they were having!

Tomorrow I have a short run and then after work we have our last Fire Island Share-A-Thon- thank God. We have totally sucked at selling any part of the season so the traders we are we decided we must be pricing it incorrectly and we are going to discount the prices tomorrow night. Hopefully that will generate some sales and allow us to recoup some of our cost.

No comments: