Monday, April 20, 2009

The Brits have such a way with words

So this past weekend it was all about the husband sine it was his "birfday" weekend. Friday we stayed in and I made dinner for us- called mom and had her email me a recipe that I always loved growing up but I adapted it and substituted apricots and asparagus for the peaches and broccoli. The husband liked it a lot. We sat there and watched Blazing Saddles on AMC while we ate dinner. That movie is so frackin' funny. I miss Harvey Korman.

Saturday we ran around doing errands. Then I got back into the kitchen and started slaving away as I had invited ST, PJ and TK over for dinner that evening. I also had to make the husband his birthday cake. As PF said it is total white trash to have a yellow cake with chocolate frosting and rainbow sprinkles- and that is what the husband got. ST, PJ and TK got here around 7:15 and I served dinner a hour later. The husband gently chided me for dressing the salad too early and the chicken was a bit dry he commented. Other than that all was good. TK stayed after dinner and we played cards.

Yesterday was a great lazy Sunday. We did nothing- well I did nothing. The husband went and did his long swim and I napped with the kids. Then we watched t.v and had dinner. Earlier we went to TGT and bought Punisher Warzone so we watched that. I have to say of the three Punisher movies- yes this was the third- it was by far the best and closest to the source material. I am surprised it did not do better in the theaters.

I did not train this weekend so I had to make up for it today. This morning I swam 1000 yards and biked ten miles. After work I went to the gym to try and get my long bike in and lift. The place was packed and as usual the hot guys were there in force- they always are on Mondays except during football season. Fordham Drinking Team is one I had not seen before and woof. I did not have time to get my long bike in.

So over the weekend the amateurs we have running the government floated the idea of finally admitting what they have already done- turning their TARP loans to banks into equity stakes, aka nationalization. In the case of Shitigroup and BAC it is fait acompli. The other thing they said was they will not let banks repay TARP early if it is not in the best "national economic interests" of the country. Right...

I love how the Brits when discussing all the government plans out there refer to them as schemes. Let's be honest- that is what they are; schemes to keep the system from utterly falling apart.

Tomorrow morning I will do my long bike and then after work my long run I was supposed to do yesterday.

No comments: