Thursday, September 25, 2008

Uugghh I hate technology at times

So last night I stayed up and wrote an entry but for some reason it did not save to drafts and I lost the whole damn thing.

Work has kept me fairly discombobulated lately. So will try and go for a wide amount of info in this entry because I am off work tomorrow and travelling and won't be on line until Sunday at the soonest again.

Tuesday was Ragnar's birthday. His boyfriend also had some pieces of work in an art show down in Soho. This is only the second art show I have been to and it was much more different than the first one. It was definitely a scene. It was all I could do to exert my self control to not gape, gasp, stare or outright point a finger at some of the characters there. The free wine did not help any either.

After the show we went out for dinner and as Ragnar said the restaurant was "the bomb!" We gave Ragnar a nice pen for a gift and he will be getting his initials engraved on it.

I have been very haphazard on the gym this week. I only went once and that was to get some cardio done before I went to the art show.

Tonight I have back to school night for my oldest. After I get home for that I will be priming the new wall. Ideally the husband will get to painting it this weekend since I will not be around. I am off tomorrow and going up to my alma mater. It is sort of a mini reunion with a bunch of my fraternity brothers. I believe we will also be taking in a football game and stopping by the nouse to terrorize- I mean meet the undergrad brothers.

Speaking of my oldest he has been harassing me to get texting for his cell phone. His mother and I told him if he can get A's and B's for the entire school year he can get texting at the beginning of the summer.

There is a really hot guy who lives on our floor. The husband has been sharing the elevator with him in the mornings. Last night I finally met him in the elevator. I was running out to get to the hardware store to get paint. Someone was holding the elevator for me- it was our hot neighbor. JP is going to be house sitting for us in October- maybe he'll run into him...

I saw Full Lower Lip on the bus yesterday and again I think he smiled at me. First time I wrote it off as wishful thinking but this time I am not sure I imagined it...

I did not watch the President's speech last night. We instead watched a Fringe episode the we recorded on our DVR. Fringe is getting to be a good show. I am totally drawn into the Pattern and what it is trying to achieve.

Apparently the President tried to scare Congress into acting. I have to say he is pretty spot on. We are this close to seeing the entire economy disintegrate. Apportioning blame can be done later, right now we need to fix this. When major companies cannot access the corporate paper market we have a serious issue. The CP market is the true lifeblood of the economy. The TED spread is still way too high and the swap spread has never been where it is. LIBOR- whether it is accurate or not- is too high as well. I hope Congress can rise above the politics and do the right thing. I am reminded of a saying my dad uses all the time "Don't cut your nose off to spite your face."

Speaking of blame I think that when the autopsy is done years down the road the culprit will be the CDS market. I am not even sure we really need a CDS market but Wall Street created it and made tons of dough in it and now they are paying the extremely high price for it.

I also hope we follow the Swedish model of resolving this banking crisis and not the Japanese model. My guess is we will fall somewhere in between but closer to Sweden's example.

No comments: