Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'll never forget

So it has been seven years since I had friends and neighbors murdered by terrorists. I also almost lost two family members but that is a different story. The events that occurred seven years ago are directly responsible for where I am in my life today. The attacks on 9/11 led me to a lot of questioning about my life and whether or not I really was happy with where I was and what I had. It was not a quick and easy decision but I finally got to the point where I was finally ready to show some courage in my life. The rest is history.

The day started nicely as I went and swam and there was a major cutie in the pool this morning. Once I got to the office though the shit started. LEH was the big news/debacle. IT was so freakin' busy and head spinning that the guy who always goes to CMG to pick up lunch with me on Thursdays and I decided to down a quick Coors light whilst waiting for them to make out lunch. The cute Latino behind the counter with the nice guns made my fajita burrito and I think he may have been hitting on me as he overstuffed the thing and was very nice to me. I felt like asking him do you stuff all of them with that much meat but I think my co-worker would have spit his beer out. We than walked past a reputable bar in Hell's Pantry on the way back to the office and downed another Coors Light, lol. We both agreed in the elevator the second one was not a bright idea.

Speaking of LEH- looks like there will be some kind of announcement on Sunday afternoon- shocker! The tape rallied into the close on the hopes that THIS bailout will be the fix and we won't need anymore. Right. Just wondering where all the money will be coming for this purchase?

So some U.S. Senators now that they have FNM and FRE under their thumbs think if both freeze any foreclosures for 90 days that will turn a non=performing loan into a performing asset. Last time I checked if you freeze shit, 90 days later it's still shit. I don't see how they think delaying the process will make things magically good. When did we Americans become such pussies?! We know we need to take our medicine but don't want to do the deed.

Mom and Dad are driving across the country. They will be arriving in Vegas this Sunday which also happens to be Mom's birthday. So I called a local florist and now Mom will have flowers waiting for her when she checks in from me, the husband and the boys.

I had to laugh at a story I read today on BBERG. Apparently in Durban 3 men were killed when an argument broke out over who had the larger genitals. Obviously they were all straight since us gays would have compared all and probably ended up having an orgy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your story about how you got where you are sounds like it would be an interesting (and long, but readable) blog entry. Do tell!

Today I had to clear out some 1st and 2nd edition D&D stuff as my shelf was flowing over with geekery. I found old copies of 1st edition character sheets, when bards were considered a multi-class, not a class unto itself. And there was that little shield on the sheet where you would write down your THAC0.