Monday, September 8, 2008

Looks like we're Jets fans for the season

Poor Tom Brady is out for the season due to an ACL injury. I told the husband- who offered to quickly get a nursing degree to get Tom back to health- that we now have to go for the next hottest QB and that would be #4, good ol' Bret Favre. I still haven't found out if he has moved to Hoboken so I can stalk him surreptitiously.

So the other thing I noticed this weekend is that even gay guys follow the urinal rules. I know I have some straight friends who read this and they know what I am talking about but I think most gays will say huh? When there are a certain number of urinals for use in a bathroom all straight guys instinctively know which ones are your first choice if one is already in use. Gay guys have that instinct too but don't even realize they are doing it because most all of us were indoctrinated in straight ways. It was pretty funny when I was at the urinals Saturday night in the dance club and realized even gays follow them. I laughed out loud and got several nasty looks from the other guys using the urinals- guess the have some insecurity about the size of their packages.

I read Wiki everyday- especially the On This Date section. In it today was an item about USAF Tech Sergeant Leonard Matlovich. It was pretty interesting and very courageous what the guy did.

I also read about how the human brain discerns a lot about a person solely by the way the person walks. Apparently we humans can figure out in shadows solely by the way the person walks the person's gender, mood and age and whether they are walking towards us or away from us.

I see the LHC (large hadron collider) is about to start up soon if it has not started yet. There is supposedly a 1 in 50 million chance it could create a black hole that quickly devours the earth. That would be one way to solve the current economic crisis we are in but it's not my first choice.

The other option is to push things out until after the election- which is what the U.S. government did by taking over FNM and FRE. As the WSJ editorial put it, the situation is reminiscent of the classic move Weekend At Bernie's where FNM and FRE are Bernie and the Treasury, the Treasury Secretary and the Fed are the two no name actors who pretend he is alive.

Today's action in the tape did not instill confidence in me. At one point I was very concerned we would go in the red. I think that will happen tomorrow once more people realize we are one step closer to repeating the Wiemar Republic on an economic basis.

No comments: