Sunday, September 21, 2008

The real end of the summer

We had the boys at the beach this weekend and it was the last time for the season. The weather was actually really nice but the weekend started off kinda shaky. My youngest had a fall baseball game Friday night at 6 PM, so I got there and we left at 7:30, thinking we could easily make the 10:30 boat. Funny thing- after September 12th there is no 10:30 ferry. Thankfully there was a "special" that night so I only had to pay $30 for all three of us to take the 10:45 "special" over. We got to the house around 11:15. MH, who is a member of the husband's book club, was staying with us so he met us. I put the boys to bed immediately and then had a few cocktails with M?H before he went out and I went to bed. The house is not winterized and it got chilly at night. The boys were fine because they had big fluffy comforters with a high thread count (we're gay-duh!) and I just huddled under the blankets and warmed up. The husband had to get his car fixed so he did not come out to the beach until Saturday afternoon.

Saturday my youngest and I played Pro-Kadima- a quality sport since 1975- on the beach until he said he was too sweaty to play any longer. The oldest stayed at the house and watched season 2 of Heroes.

I left early Sunday because my oldest had two school projects due Monday. The traffic sucked so by the time I got home, the husband and the kids were already home. We grabbed some dinner then came home and watched two episodes of Heroes season 2. We only have one episode left and we'll watch it tonight before season 3 starts.

We moved all of the boxes that are still unpacked so the contractor can get to the space he needs to construct the wall.

I was stunned to see GS and MS have now become bank holding companies. It is an admittedly brilliant move on their part.

No comments: