Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ahhh Hana, you weren't that fierce

Thursday night we had dinner at some hot spot in the Village. The husband told me to make sure my jeans were tight and the dress shirt showed enough fur. I was more than happy to comply, lol.

Friday was fairly quiet at the office. Everyone was concerned about Hana hitting the city. We went to the beach anyways. We drove out and stopped by the in-laws for a bit then caught a later ferry. When I went to park the truck the attendant warned me he was not liable if my truck was flooded by Hana. I kindly pointed out to him that if my Tundra got flooded on the mainland that would be the least of my worried considering I was taking a boat out to a narrow barrier island and that would surely suffer more.

We got out kind of late and there were not a lot of people out there but TK was so he stopped by and picked us up and we went out. It was fun.

We then spent the day playing cards at TK's place and riding out the torrential rains. The best part of the weekend was we did no cooking- TK made dinner at his place for us Saturday evening. After dinner we watched some tv but I fell asleep and then we went out. We had a blast going to the dance club. We went home at 3 AM.

The weather was amazing today. We went to the beach and played Scrabble with TK and checked out a bunch of the hotties. We caught the usual ferry home. We had Chinese take out for dinner and then caught HBO's new series True Blood. It was pretty good. I have not read the books because they seemed more like chick vampire romance movies.

The big news on the business front is FNM and FRE getting nationalized. Funny that I wrote about that last week. The equity holders are screwed but the bonds are now essentially U.S. government debt. It is a mixed bag to be honest. It need to be done to prevent a complete and utter meltdown of the financial system as we know it. The bad thing is now our taxes will go up either directly or indirectly. We who were prudent and did not reach beyond our means will now be paying for other peoples excesses. Interest rates are going up. There is still a huge capital funding issue for financials. LEH is still a huge elephant in the room. WaMu has serious problems. The markets will rip to the upside for the next few days but once this all sinks in we will continue our down draft. Unemployment higher than 6% is not a good thing.

No comments: