Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hello Alleve my old friend, I've come to talk to you again

Ok so the race is finally done.  Free at last, free at last.  Quite honestly I probably should not have run it.  Two weeks ago on my last long run (12 miles) I most assuredly injured myself.  I am not sure if it was my groin or my hip flexor or some combination of the two.   It hurt so much I did not even train for the last two weeks.  The thing is though that when I mentioned it to the husband he of course made the bitchy comment "You better not cop out of the race."  That was enough to get my Irish up.  I had made up my mind that I would finish the frackin' race even if it meant aggravating my injury and getting a crap ass time on it.  I am not sure I aggravated the injury much but I did do the race five minutes slower than last year.  I was doing fine until about mile 8 and then hit a wall.  I actually walked most of mile ten and then a bit of mile twelve as well.  I think if I had not done whatever the hell it was to my hip I would have easily made the eight minute mile mark for the race.  Regardless I'll never know as I am not doing another one. 

Probably more than need be said in polite company but I have been popping Alleve like it is candy since Sunday afternoon and I think it is giving me serious gas issues. 


After the ace- which the husband and our friend MM cheered me on for- we went to TK's apartment, I stretched, took a nice hot shower and then we went and had brunch..

Yesterday I actually did hit the gym in the old neighborhood, walked on the treadmill for thirty minutes, lifted and then used the Styrofoam roller thingy to stretch out my hip.  Then the husband and I had dinner with MP and SJ at our old haunt.  I did not see any of my old secret boyfriends at the gym but there was definitely new, fresh meat to keep my mind occupied while I worked out...

Portugal is next, just saying.

One of the tings one learns in m line of work quickly is not to let others know what your pet peeves are.  People in my line of work are like a pack of jackals when we find out that something bothers another member of the pack.  A great example is the woman who sits between myself and the guy who shares my surname has an issue with people wearing short sleeve tee shirts under sweater vests.  So of course a week ago everyone of us wore a short sleeve tee shirt under a sweater vest.  It was awesome!

To further prove I kinda enjoy messing with co-workers, there is this young kid who drinks out of a metal water bottle- you know because plastic is so bad and what not.  I noticed that he always takes it with him when he goes to the bathroom and leaves it on one of the filing cabinets near the bathroom while he is doing his business. So of course I enlisted a few other people so that if one of us saw it there we'd move it to within sight of where he placed it but not the exact spot.  It took him a while to figure it out and he stopped doing it.  Phase two has just been initiated so that now when he leaves the desk we move it from his desk to the spot on the filing cabinet near the bathroom.  Yeah, ok maybe I am a little bit evil...

In case I had not stated it previously I am the alpha male in the house, lol.  I only say that because the puppy has this fetish with my clothing.  Every night when I am getting ready for bed he sits there and waits for me to take my socks of and then grabs them and runs away with them.  He could care less about the husband's socks and I tell him well clearly he wants the scent of the pack leader on him.

I have tomorrow off.  Just getting some stuff done with the husband and then have the Spring Sports Kick Off dinner to go to for my oldest.  He actually has his first tennis match next week but I don't think I'll be able to make it.

No comments: