Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Barsoom

The weekend was actually petty good and relatively relaxing.

Friday night dinner was good as ST was finally back in town and we had the boys.  ST had missed a few due to his travels and my youngest was starting to get a complex that ST did not like him and his brother anymore.  That was put to rest at dinner.

Another interesting thing at dinner was finding out my oldest actually made the junior varsity tennis team.  Apparently the tryouts were all week but as he would lose his head if it were not attached to his shoulders he did not realize it until his friend told him he had to be there Friday.  So he went to one day of the tryouts, the coach told him he liked how he played and to show up Monday after school for practice.  This means we (his mother and I) will be attending the spring sports kick off dinner next week.  Oh and he also shaved for the first time!  He used an electric razor- I'll need to remedy soon....no electric razors. 

Saturday the boys and I took the kids for a trail walk while the husband did his training for his upcoming triathlon.  The I dropped my oldest off at his friend's house and they were off to the movies and dinner.  The husband and I and my youngest then had sushi for dinner.  I then went to bed as I was sore from the past week's training.  They all stayed up to watch some movie. 

Sunday I did the laundry and then we had the boys do yard work for a hour.  They picked up branches and sticks.  the deal was just for a hour and then we'd go have lunch and see John Carter.  I don't know why there are so many haters of John Carter.  the movie was actually really good and Taylor Kitsch was shirtless all the time.  The husband later commented on how he saw a lot of elements from Dune, Fringe, Star Wars and various other classics.  I then pointed out to him that actually all those things he mentioned had John Carter influences as the books were written starting in 1912.

Thankfully this is my last week of training.




1 comment:

Tim said...

I really liked John Carter too, don't understand why anyone would have panned it. Told my folks about it as well and they loved it. Oh well, must be some weird media battle.