Monday, September 26, 2011

Rotary Hammer

The weekend was quite fun.  I honestly was expecting a full on honeydew list but it did not come to pass.

Friday night we went to celebrate Farmer Vinny's birthday.  We had a great dinner out and then came back to the cottage for birthday cake I had baked.  Farmer Vinny also got birthday spankings.  I had suggested we use my fraternity paddle but the husband thought that would be a bit much.  Oddly St had a leather paddle- clearly from his days a dominant leather top (?).  So we used that instead.  PJ started it off and with him being 90 it was a bit annoying.  I told him to stand aside and I'd show everyone how it was done.  The husband clearly did not want to be outdone so he got a bit aggressive, lol. 

The husband was quite hurting the next morning whereas I got up early, cleaned, dropped off the dry cleaning and then hit the dojo- sweep the leg!  I did my two hours of classes and I am still frackin' sore.

Saturday we went to Farmer's Vinny's birthday party hosted by friends.  They were all pretty nice kids- yes they are kids as they are all still sorting a low two handle age-wise.  Six of them rent this massive house right next to a nature preserve about 5 miles from us.  We had a good time and I would have been up for staying longer but the husband was driving so I really had no choice.  The funniest part was at one point Farmer Vinny's friend asked me what my tattoo is; I gave my standard reply "Ink injected subcutaneously with a very sharp needle.  The husband tsk tsked me the friend asked what it meant.  Standard answer number two "There are only two ways to find out and I am gonna guess you are keen on either way."  "You'd be surprised what I am keen on."  Whoa!

Sunday was the closest I came do a honeydew list item.  The husband has decided we are replacing the old slate hearth with a new one and a matching surround and then boxing in the brick up to the ceiling with drywall.  So he got out the rubber mallet and pry bars.  I told him no way we are using those.  Come with me to HD and we'll rent the right tool to take it out.

We rented an 11 pound rotary hammer.  The old slate tiles came up in about a half hour.  I was then informed that we had to make sure the depth was 1 1/8"  I told the husband go to town, I'll do the laundry instead.

So today was the second time I have seen a passing reference to the possible military coup in Greece.  I really have no idea how the other EU members would react to such a thing and what it would do to the EMU as a whole.

Since we are on the topic of the EU and their "monetary union" I have to say I find it somewhat perplexing how the market reacts to all these rumors and rumors of rumors regarding the action that may or may not take place.  It all comes down to who has the cash and that would be Germany.  They have said and continue to say they are not going to leverage the EFSF.  If the guy with the checkbook says no- or in this case nein- then it ain't happening folks.

Tomorrow night I have back to school night for my youngest.  At least this time I know my way around the school and know what to expect.

No comments: