Monday, September 12, 2011

Golden rod and zombie blades

The weekend was quite a blast down in DC!  The drive down was not that great.  We made the mistake of taking 95through Philly and there was an accident and major construction.  At one point I had to stop and take a leak; the husband was trying to tell me we can make it past these cones.  I told him no way in hell.  I pulled over on the over pass, got out and took a leak.  A car passing by slowed down and these girls in it started yelling "We can see your penis!"  I yelled back "And you like it and want it don't you!"  The husband was bright red at that point and yelled at me to get back in the car.

The husband than took over the driving and clearly Google maps does not have an option for how long a drive will take when there is a reckless, Latino driver behind the wheel.  Let's just say the time predicted by Google maps should have that option.

We went out to dinner at a great restaurant with Mr. Clifford and PS.  The food was amazing and the drinks were good.  We then met up with Mr. Barrett and went out dancing.  The club had free well vodka drinks until midnight- that really got the party started.

Saturday morning was quite interesting as we all got up and showered, had greasy breakfast and then we were off to the Renaissance festival.  The husband was quite surprised and a bit taken aback.  It was all good though.

If you've never been to a Renaissance festival I recommend it as one of those events to try at least once in your life.  There are quite a few unique individuals who really take it quite seriously.  PS made the comment that he wondered if anyone every got married at one of these and said he and Mr. Clifford were going to at some point.  The ironic thing is we sat down to take a break from all our walking around when one of the people totally into the festival, i.e. he was dressed in full regalia, came over to us and told us if we were hungry we could go over to his wedding reception and grab some food.

We graciously thanked him and declined.  I then went over to the bladed weapons vendor just to see what it was all about.  I told him I knew all about swords from my days of AD&D and asked what kind he had had.  He had bastard swords, a few short sword and lots of katanas.  I asked what would be best for the coming zombie apocalypse and he proceeded to show me a blade the company specifically made and was called the zombie sword.  Of course the Wall Streeter in me then asked which were his largest markets (Colorado and Maryland), average age of his customers, income levels etc.

Apparently as I have aged (gracefully by the way) I have ended up with allergies of some sort.  My eyes water hugely, my nose runs and I have sneezing fits.  The husband thought it may be ragweed but I don't think it is ragweed season.  I do know that golden rod is blooming right now though.

No comments: