Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Every day I'm shuffling

Sorry for anyone who gets easily bored when I go off on economic crap but most of this post is gonna be about it.

So, Lloyds of London pulled out its money from European banks...that cannot be good for the global economic picture.  Why you ask?  Well Lloyds has been in the business of pricing risk for over 300 years now; that in itself is quite amazing, I am not sure how many others can lay claim to such a feat.

The action in the market today is classic Ockam's Razor- the simplest explanation is the best:  The Fed said there is "significant downside risks to the economy."  It does not matter what the Fed is doing to the curve, the economy is not good.  Sorry.

Moodys downgraded a few banks today.  Not a big deal and should not come as a surprise but it could totally screw over the repo market as when a bank loses its Prime-1 rating- like Shitgroup did and BAC will probably- it can lead to freezing of the repo market- again, not good for the economy.

Tonight I had the back to school night for my oldest.  The ex skipped it so I did it solo.  It was interesting meeting his teachers and I had a good time.

I wore a suit to the office today because we had a prospective client in.  One of my co-workers told me I actually look distinguished with a beard and in a suit- go figure...

So,t he woman who sits next to me is on the diversity council at the office.  She does the passive/aggressive thing of trying to get me on it- yeah right, aint happening.  Today she told me there is going to be the first ever LGBT event and would really appreciate it if I went.  I am kind of torn on the whole issue.  First off, the I am of the mindset that setting up groups for people who are "different" only accentuates the difference.  It should not matter if I or some other guy likes dick or there is a chick who likes to bump rug or there is someone who used to be one gender and has changed.  What matters in the work place is you are good at your job regardless of any of those things.  The other side of the argument is by proving to those people you are just like them by interacting with them changes their mind.  It is a moot point as I have back to school night for my youngest the night of the event. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love all the economic stuff- keep it coming