Monday, May 9, 2011

The Week In Review

Last week was really busy actually.  I did not hit the gym or the dojo- Cobra Kai never die!- because of the spill I took on the bike.

Tuesday after work I had drinks with my cousin who get me into the business.  It was great catching up with him on everything.  He only gets to town once a year as he would most likely die due to his inability to show self restraint when it comes to certain things such as alcohol and illegal narcotics, lol.

Wednesday after work MP gave her birthday gift tot he husband- tickets to the Kylie concert.  She used to be neighbors with Kylie's tour manager when she lived in London.  The seats were frackin' awesome!  We also were going to possibly meet Kylie but MP's friend had to leave immediately and there was a screw up with us getting the wrist bands to enter.

Wednesday night was quite interesting as I had to get up in the middle of the night to take a leak only to stop right into a pile of a dog shit one of the kids left at the foot of the bed.  Do you know how hard it is to walk to the bathroom very carefully with dog shit on your foot after many drinks at a concert?

Thursday night I was off to see The Airborne Toxic Event with a friend from work.  They have a new album out and the concert was great.  The only thing was that going out to two concerts sequentially  at my advanced age is not as easy as it used to be.  Thankfully I was not getting up early and dragging my sorry, old ass to the gym.

Friday after work it was right down to the cottage as we had CC and his bf AA visiting for the weekend.  I of course made dessert as soon as I got there and then mopped the floor as dark wood floors show all the kids paw prints. 

It was great having CC and AA down for the weekend.  They were excellent guests and we had a very relaxing time with them.  I found out AA is another upstate boy and he went to the same school as my brother and father.  He also initially studied to be a horticulturist so he was a huge help with all the plants and trees in the yard and he gave some good advice to the husband.

Saturday we took them to the local college and checked out the art museum on campus.  It was fun but I have difficulty faking that much interest in art, lol.

Yesterday we actually did a bike ride.  I mapped out a nice 18 mile ride avoiding completely the road I had my spill.  It was actually a good ride and I completed it in about a hour.  The husband however did not complete it as he ended up with a flat tire around mile 13.  So this time I got to ride and get the truck and come back to pick him up.

Ok, in case anyone thinks that Greece restructuring or lengthening their maturities is not the same as default- it is.  Restructuring debt or lengthening maturities of debt are nice, polite phrases for default.  It will happen.

I agree with President Obama that releasing the photos of Osama Bin Laden would do nothing.  People who think it is all a conspiracy will not have their minds changed regardless.

No comments: