Monday, May 16, 2011

A baby fox is a kit

The weekend was quite relaxing regardless of the crappy weather.  The boys both had school events until after 9 PM so the husband and I just had dinner with ST and PJ.

The highlight of Friday was when the husband and I pulled back into the driveway of the cottage and there was a kit, aka a baby fox.  He or she was just sitting in the driveway and slowly sauntered  off to behind our dogwood tree then went off into the meadow.  We did not see the parent but it had to be around.

I said meadow and not yard because we pretty much have a meadow currently, lol.  The grass is easily above my knees.  I also noticed that we have several different types of grasses in our meadow. 

I had called the lawn cutting service several times last week to get them to come and cut the grass.  They have yet to show up.  So finally the husband has relented to my point of view and agreed that we are getting a riding mower.  Whoo hoo!  I am going to get a 42" cut at least 17.5 hp which should do the trick.  I will also probably have to get a push mower to get around under all the trees.

We are also going to get a grill.  I am getting the dual heat source type- the one that has a propane side and a charcoal side.

I made a chocolate layer cake with whipped cream in the middle, dark chocolate frosting and strawberries on top.  It was quite the hit to top off the husband's awesome roast chicken, asparagus salad and wild rice pilaf.

I was quite surprised to hear ST say he was looking forward to seeing the boys for dinner and he was bummed they were not joining us.

I picked up the boys early Saturday morning.  We then kind of hanged out and watched some tv then we went to see Priest in 3D with ST.  We stopped off first to grab lunch at a Mexican place and even though the boys said they were not hungry they both ate, lol.

The movie was ok.  It would have been much better if my future ex-husband Cam Gigandet had repeated his bare ass scene from Burlesque but sadly that was not to be.  He wasn't even shirtless!

Saturday night the husband made spaghetti and meatballs.  The meatballs had pine nuts in them and they were really good.  I had never had them that way before.

Sunday the weather really sucked.  So we decided to see Thor.  That movie made up for Cam not being shirtless when I got to see Chris Hemsworth shirtless in low rise jeans.  Holy Mother of God!  And you could tell he was not wearing underwear.  The movie was actually pretty damn good and I loved the cameo by one Clint Barton, aka Hawkeye.  Jeremy Renner will make an excellent Hawkeye.

I dropped the boys off at their mom's house.  The husband and I then had sushi for dinner and I caught an early train back to the apartment.  Catching an earlier train means I got to watch "Game of Thrones" live and that was worth it as I got to see the actor who portrays Theon Greyjoy in a full, frontal nudity scene- WOOF!

DSK- already the "he was set up" theories are swirling.  Ok, I am as cynical and jaded as the next person who occasionally puts on a tin foil hat but I cannot see how this whole thing is set up as there are way too many moving parts and too many people involved.  Why did he leave behind his cell phone and other personal items if he was already scheduled to fly out at that time?  It definitely throws a wrench into Europe's plans to continue bailing out everyone and kicking the can down the road.

In case you missed it because there is a new media circus going on, Tepco now admits that maybe- just maybe- the fuel has melted in more than one reactor...

I worked construction for two years and I learned how to whistle at hot chicks- it is an all-American, red blooded male thing to do.  Sometimes my rough edges poke thru the semi-polished facade I have acquired living in NYC for over twenty years- like this morning.  As I was walking though the terminal to my bus this morning I noticed a hot guy in a suit and let loose with a whistle, lol.  I have no idea if he heard it or realized it was directed at him but it was a completely all-American red blooded male thing to do to make ones approval of something pleasing to one's eye know.

1 comment:

jimbo said...

For your safety, health, and the animal's well-being, please maintain a respectful distance between yourself and wildlife.