Monday, May 2, 2011

To quote REM- I am, I am Superman...

The weekend was pretty good.  I worked from the cottage Friday as I had a wake to go to (a co-worker's father) on the shore.  Rather than do a lot of extra driving I asked the boss if it would be ok to work from home.  I then went to the wake in the afternoon.

We had dinner with ST and PJ at the cottage with the boys.  Actually the boys only had dessert with us as they had gone out to celebrate their great report cards.  My youngest had straight As and my oldest had straight Bs.  I had made dessert- this double layer chocolate cake with strawberry filling.  Sadly I put too much of the strawberry filling in it so the top layer kept sliding off.

Saturday the husband and I did quite a bit of gardening.  The front bed now has no weeds, Russian sage ( the purple variety), bleeding hearts, some thing that has tons of golden flowers, several types of ornamental grasses and some other plants I have no idea about, lol.  Oh and tons of fresh mulch too.  

The oldest brought his air soft gun which is basically a BB gun light.  He went after the geese in the back yard.  I regaled him with stories of the BB gun fights I and friends had growing up.  I then on a whim asked him what it felt like to get hit with air soft ammo.  He kindly and grudgingly obliged and the fucker stings!  Holy shit.  I don't recall a BB stinging that much, lol.

Saturday night we went and saw Dylan Dog:  Dead of Night.  I liked it, my youngest liked it, my oldest thought it was ok and the husband thought it was boring.  He commented it would make a great series on the SciFi channel.  Brandon Routh is hot and Sam Huntington basically had the same role as he plays on "Being Human."

Sunday we decided to do a brick as part of the training for our upcoming race.  We mapped out a 15 mile ride and started off well.  About one third into the ride I swerved to avoid a very large pothole only to hit another and go into a ditch and then go flying (literally I was airborne) over the handle bars.  I got up and barked at the husband "We are finishing this ride!"  He snapped back at me "We need to check out your bike first the tires could need be straightened out!"  Well the front did and it was flat so our ride was over.  the husband rode back to the cottage, got the truck and came back to get me and my bike.  As I was waiting every cyclist who rode by stopped to make sure I was ok and one driver stopped.  He asked if I was just resting or injured.  I told him I had a flat and was waiting for my ride.  He then informed the driveway about fifty yards away was a private residential health care facility he was the director at and if I needed anything stop in.  It kind of creeped me out and made me think maybe it was a mental institution.

We got back to the cottage,  I realized I had a nice chunk missing from my palm and the left side of my back was definitely sore.  I took my shirt off only to see I had major abrasions from my shoulder down to my hip- ouch.  I showered up, used a lot of hydrogen peroxide and got dressed.  I dropped the boys off at their mom's house and came home just to go and do a five mile run.  I have issues I know...

Ok so now that Osama Bin Laden is dead does that mean that Greece won't default, unemployment will drop precipitously, housing will enter a new upturn and banks can go back to real accounting (aka mark to market) not the fake ind they have been using (aka mark to make believe)?  NO!  This does not change anything and when some strategist from a major commercial bank says this marks the end of the war on terror he should be publicly humiliated.

I was disturbed by the crowds of people gathering in various places around the country to celebrate the death of Osama Bin Laden.  It seemed somewhat un-American to celebrate an enemy's death.  It seems like things that happen in third world countries- the whole firing guns of in the air, etc- not in our country.  All I could think of was the famous picture of the couple kissing in Times Square at eh end of WWII- you know, Americans celebrating the end of hostilities.

Just saw the Red Bull ad featuring Ryan Doyle and woof- the guy is smoking.  Speaking of woof, so looking forward to seeing my future ex-husband Cam Gigandet in Priest.

No comments: