Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I've been looking for this

So last night I was up until midnight trading in Hong Kong. There was no way I was getting my ass out of bed this morning to run my six miles. The other thing about trading in Asia is how passive they are. I don't get it. They are all about being involved over the day or a percent of the volume or trying to match the volume weighted average price (VWAP). Sorry, homo don't play that game. All of those are trying to be average and ya know what- I don't get paid to be average. At one point I had to use a line I was taught when I started i the business: "It's an order, not a suggestion." The Asian sales traders really don't know how to handle my trading style I think. Give them time.

High 'n tight was on the bus this morning. The guy is stunning.

Work was kinda busy but what should one expect on a low volume rip up on data from Communists and manipulated data from our government.

I did not hit the dojo- wax on, wax off- tonight as I had to do my six mile run. I got it done in call it 49 minutes. The best part was the hot guy in front of me in white shorts a black tank top with the amazing delts and arms. I let him set my pace for the second half of the run. I kept a respectable distance behind him- solely so I could watch his hot ass in those white shorts while running...

The husband is out a the beach with TK today and tomorrow so I had pasta again- whoo hoo! Spaghetti and meatballs.

I was supposed to have drinks tomorrow night with a fellow college alum who is coincidentally in town from Hong Kong. I cancelled with him today. Tomorrow night I am driving out to the in-laws and with Earl forecast to bear down on us starting tomorrow night I thought it would be smarter to not have business drinks and then drive out to Long Island.

Why am I driving out to Long Island tomorrow night? Well I took Friday off so the husband and I could move all the stuff we have in his parents basement down to the cottage. Of course when we planned this we did not expect a hurricane to be hitting. Regardless I will be driving a sixteen foot moving truck from Long Island down to central Jersey Friday morning. We will empty it out into the cottage, drop it off down there and then start putting stuff where we want some of it. Then we are picking up the boys and a their request we are spending the Labor Day weekend- you got it- out at the in-laws house. That is a shit load of driving.

I am looking forward to this weekend. My mother-in-law's husband always has wine and lots of it- he's French. I am psyched for a rainy Saturday of movies and reading (I am psyched to read Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter). I, the husband,the boys and the kids all enjoy our time at the in-laws and find it relaxing.

I am not looking forward to all the driving this weekend. I am not looking forward tot he twelve mile run I will have to do Saturday- most likely in the rain. I am not looking forward to reading Tommy Kuhn's opus again- almost twenty four years to the date- for the political economy book club I am doing with JW.

Tomorrow I'll run my four mile on the treadmill at the gym and lift. I am looking forward to seeing long sleeve orange tee shirt ...

After my run I showered up and needed to get something from under the sink. I actually took a look at what is int he cabinet and noticed some odd things I have under there. There is a Christmas nutcracker, a gallon of paint, a non-working nose hair clipper, and of course the toilet paper.

No comments: