Sunday, September 26, 2010

Be careful with elevators

The last week of training for the half marathon was nice and light. I also made it to the dojo- sweep the leg!- Wednesday. Sensei had a sit down with me. I explained to her that with the new responsibilities at work are taking some time to get used to and I was also training for a half marathon.

The race was this morning and I did meet my goal of finishing under two hours- one hour, fifty eight minutes and thirty one seconds by my stop watch; I have not seen my official time yet. I am also exhausted and writing without any notes so I may ramble.

Thursday night was Back To School Night for my youngest. I was most surprised by his homeroom teacher- she is The Biest! Seriously, I immediately texted the husband telling him my youngest has the new football coach from Glee as his homeroom teacher.

Friday after work it was right back down to central Jersey to pick up the boys for the weekend. Saturday my oldest and I did a short run for me a long one for him. He wants to get in shape and asked me for some ideas how. I wrote a workout schedule for him- no weights right now, just cardio- shocker a gay dad telling his son to do cardio!- and body weight exercises such as push ups and pull ups. I also gave him various abdominal exercises. As we did the run- three miles- I told him I think it is a good idea to start working out as he will get in shape, get muscles and end up getting the girls. He laughed.

Saturday night we went and saw M. Night Shamalamadingdong's new movie Devil. All of our expectations were very low and believe it or no the movie was pretty good. My youngest thought it was okay but his older brother, the husband and I all liked it. I would recommend it. Maybe M. Night Shamalamadingdong is gonna make a comeback.

This morning the husband and I were up at 6 AM to eat oatmeal for breakfast. We then took the kids for a walk and went and picked up our bibs and chips for the race as it is about three blocks from the apartment. Then it was back home to have some coffee and get ready for the race.

The race...WTf was I thinking doing a half marathon? Actually I was feeling good until mile 8. I was not so happy and frackin' hungry as shit by mile 10 but they had Gatorade at the water stand there and OMG orange Gatorade never tasted so good or so sweet. By mile 11 I had a bit of a second wind and finished strong. The other thing that helped in the last two miles was the eye candy I had to chase. Before the race started the husband and I noticed red bandanna and his friend blue shorts. Well I caught up to them between miles 10 and 11 and they were running shirtless. It was quite a boost to my inspiration. There were actually quite a few hotties at the race and it did not hurt trying to keep up with them all.

I was so frackin' hungry by the end I just wanted my banana and water. Much to my delight the race organizers had a lot more than just bananas and water. I scarfed down a chocolate frosted donut, two Nutrigrain bars, a bagel and a banana, chugged an orange juice and a water. We got home and got the boys and the dogs and went for a warm down walk for us and some exercise for the boys and the kids. We did a half hour of walking. The thing that annoyed me was seeing some people who did the race were still running- WTF? Stop!

Then we went to a diner and had some lunch. After that I was pretty much in a food coma and needed a nap. So I napped for about a hour then got in the car and drove the boys back to their mom's house. Then it was back up home. Three plus hours in the car was not good after doing a half marathon. My right knee was killing me by the time I got home.

Once I got home it was time for Icy Hot on my knee, popped some Advil and then we ordered pizza. Fox' Animation Domination tonight and then bed time. The husband stated we should really do a light run tomorrow morning. I laughed at him and said no way and especially not with my knee bugging me. I'll just lift and hit the dojo- wax on, wax off- tomorrow night.

No clue what to expect from the markets this week. Don't really care right now either, lol.

The best part was the husband saying he figured I was cursing him around mile 8 saying what the hell did he do to me. I told him no it was closer to mile 10 until I got Gatorade and then I was fine. I'll probably do it again next year.

No comments: