Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Demon-dogs!

I got up late this morning as I was up a bit late again last night trading in the Orient- yes it is politically incorrect to call it the Orient but I also still call it Constantinople and the other one Bombay.

No hotties that late on the bus which was kinda depressing.

The asswipe pastor in the south who is holding a Qur'an burning this Saturday, yes I have some thoughts on the situation. First off while I believe it is disrespectful and wrong headed, Mayor Bloomberg has it right when he said the guy has the right to do it. It does not mean it is right but he has the right in this country to express his opinion in that matter. The thing that kind of miffs me though is how many on the left get all pissy and indignant when a conservative, larcenous pastor in the south chooses to burn the Qur'an as his an expression of his First Amendment right yet will defend to the death the right of someone to burn the American flag. That smacks a bit hypocritical to me. They also don't seem to get upset when foreigners burn the flag and calmly state that is their right to express their anger at the United States.

Yesterday on BBRG tv I saw that some people on the right are floating the idea of a Palin-Beck GOP ticket for 2012. Seriously??? You have got to be frackin' kidding me?! If that is the case then I will vote for whoever the Dems put up even if it is Obama or I'll write someone in. That would be a spectacular way to see the fundamentalists we have in this country blow up politically though.

I read on the internets today an article from Esquire about 25 things a gentleman should or shouldn't do while dining out. Some that made me laugh and taught me I apparently am not a gentleman are (in no particular order): Only one cocktail before dinner; no drinking beer from a bottle and no sugar substitutes.

I read how two asteroids are passing or have passed between the Earth and the moon today. That got me thinking about one of my favorite Saturday morning cartoons growing up- Thundarr The Barbarian. The Sunsword kicked ass! I also then was thinking why hasn't that been made into a full length movie instead of the crappy Smurfs? The Smurfs- seriously???

Or maybe it is just the thing that will start the zombie apocalypse...

Keeping in the sci fi theme, I loved the irony today of how one of the best market strategists commented on how equity investors are in a Vulcan death grip about to pass out and they don't even know it. It is ironic because on this day back in 1966 Star Trek premiered on tv.

Which segues nicely into my tv comment. Hawaii 5-0 is getting retconned for the fall season. Scott Caan who is totally doable is in it. But I am thinking how soon before we get other shows from the past retconned? BSG started the craze I think. What's up next? The Rockford Files? Magnum, P.I? Police Woman? The Mod Squad? I think Ironsides would be a good choice.

No comments: