Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Talk is sheep

So the summer has begun.  We had the boys this long weekend which meant we took in two movies, used the grill and did yard work.

Saturday morning I had the list of errands to do and took the boys with me when the hot sex on a stick painter showed up.  We ended up doing a few more things- namely getting the boys hybrid bikes (road and trial) for here at our house and my oldest got a fishing pole and tackle kit as he wants to fish on the canal at the back of the property.

Saturday night we tool in  Men In Black 3.  I thought it was just ok, rather nondescript.  The husband found it very boring and the boys liked it. There were a few funny scenes but the whole time paradox thing kinda annoyed me.  A time fracture really isn't a normal sci-fi trope.

Sunday we were kind of lazy and we went and saw Battleship.  I have to say I think it was a better action flick than MIB3 and I am surprised it only got a roughly 30% on Rotten Tomatoes.  I may be biased as I got to see Taylor Kitsch in nothing but a towel and he is totally smokin'.

Sunday night I almost blew up the house using the grill.  I made grilled flat bread using the pizza stone over charcoal.  That is not what almost blew up the house though.  On the propane side  I was supposed to grill hamburgers and hot dogs.  I preheated the grill, went inside to refresh my wine glass and came back out to see the propane side roaring and smelling like burning plastic only to see the frackin' line from the grill to the tank on fire!  I ran inside got the fire extinguisher and  put the whole thing out, reached under and turned off the tank and turned it off.  That shook me a bit.  So of course I drank more wine.

We got into watching "Total Blackout" on SciFi.  That is one messed up show but is really funny.  I think they have a rule that they have to have at least one really fey gay man in each episode.  I would love to get the husband and I on it as a team as he would be really entertaining.

So I just read that a newspaper in Spain, El Pais, is saying that Spain may get another year to meet the debt to GDP requirements.  Ok, if I was Greece that would totally make me say fuck you to the rest of the Eurozone and quit.  Maybe that is the goal.  Yet all the talking heads are preaching fire and brimstone for the Greeks if they default and leave.  Really?  Are you fucking kidding me?  How much worse can it get in Greece than the depression they are already suffering through?  At least if they are out and reissue the drachma they will be in charge of their own fate as opposed to having to give up their sovereignty to Germany.

I got no training in this past weekend which I am kind of bummed about as I have somewhat foolishly committed doing an Olympic triathlon in July with the husband.  "I'll give it a whirl" is what I think I said when we discussed it.  That means in about 8 weeks I will be swimming 1.5 kilometers, biking 40 and then running 10.  Wish me luck.

We had dinner last week with friends in the city.  We got on the topic of how the husband has been making his own mulch, how we compost  in touch with our inner Earth Mother.  Out of the blue the husband stated how he would like to get sheep.  I am all or that as I think it would be neat and we could make our own sheep's milk cheese and the husband could shear them, spin yarn form their wool and knit those hats you see all the Peruvians selling on the streets of NYC.  I told the boys this weekend and they agreed it would be a pretty cool idea to get some sheep.  We have the acreage so we could probably support a limited number- like two to three.  We clearly need to do some more research on the subject.  It also means we will definitely be fencing in the whole grassy area of the property next spring.

No comments: