Thursday, May 31, 2012

Hitting "Reply All" isn't that embarrassing

So last week my man-crush here at work sent out an email that was work related.  He is also a closet sci-fi/fantasy geek so I replied "all I care about is the fight for Kings Landing "(we talk about Game of Thrones every Monday).

I mistakenly hit "Reply All" instead of plain old "Reply."  He emails me back telling me to watch that reply all button.  I tell him please, I have done way many more embarrassing things in my life than publicly state I am a geek.  More importantly I now know who all the other geeks- professed and silent- in the office are as they all replied back to me with some kind of comment on the show.

Tuesday morning I swear it was like Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.  First I almost hit a raccoon, then I definitely hit a fox (which I felt really bad about hoping it was not the mother who was going through our backyard with her two kits) and then had to stop twice for a near herd of deer.  I was just waiting for Marln Perkins to voice over "And now Jim will shoot the driver with a tranquilizer..." 

Apparently today is World No Tobacco Day.  Yeah, that so aint happpen' with me, epic fail.  As I have said before, they will pry the tin of Skoal from my cold, rigorous hand.

Some talking head was on BBRG tv yesterday commenting on how when the Texas S&Ls went under in the early '90s, all the other states helped bail them out.  He was saying that is what should happen in Europe.  Well yeah, I could envisage that happening-if Europe was a federal system!  It aint, I highly doubt it will become one so I don't see how countries in Europe will willingly bail out other countries banks.  Comparing Texas S&Ls getting bailed out y the rest of the U.S in the '90s to Europe today is apples and oranges- apple and oranges I say.


Am I the only one who thinks Mitt Romney makes Al Gore look like a lively, warm and personable guy?  Seriously, the guy is so forced and even more robotic than Al.  He is like Data except without the positronic brain.





No comments: