Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Damn- I missed St. Matthias Day

Monday was St. Matthias Day.  St. Matthias is the patron saint of luck.  I should have bought a ticket to Power Ball or Mega Millions.

I rode the bike at the gym this morning.  I am not sure the Star-Tec eSpinners are right about how far you ride. I was on it for forty minutes and supposedly I rode 15.2 miles.  That pace seems a bit fast for me honestly.  Don't get wrong- I posted it on Run Keeper, lol, but I am not confident I actually biked that far in that time span.

No Soccer Coach at the gym this morning but it did open on time.

I happened to read about a professional baseball player throwing his batting helmet at an ump.  Big no no and I wanted to see who it was.  Brett Lawrie.  I of course googled images of Brett and he is pretty darn cute. 

30 Seconds to Mars- the Nickleback of alt rock?  I ask that because I really think that are not that good of a band.  Maybe when they did an anthem for some animated owl movie that turned me against them but no, I just think they are an annoying, shitty band.

So it would appear that the French trans-sexual Christine Lagarde in her capacity as head of the IMF made a rather disconcerting statement regarding Greece earlier this evening.  I am paraphrasing when I say her comment was the IMF has to be technically prepared for a Greek exit from the euro.  Hello- that is a bell ringing.

I personally think- as I am in no way licensed to give investment advice to the general public- that the whole hullabaloo over Facebook is another bell ringing.  It just seems like it is going to end badly for all especially when you have a state-owned enterprise company as large as General Motors saying they are pulling their ads as they show no benefit.

Monday I left work early to go and catch my youngest son's last home track meet.  IT was raining, he was in the second to last heat for his 100 yard "dash" but I am pretty sure he was totally thrilled I made it.  He had that look in his eyes when he saw me before his race and a huge grin on his face.  I asked him if was surprised I made it and he hesitated and said no, he knew I would.  Friday I am leaving work early to hopefully catch my oldest sons' last tennis match.

The husband is doing a triathlon this Saturday.  I will be there to drive and cheer him on.  I may do one on July and an Olympic at that- have not really decided yet.


No comments: