Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Isn't Magi another word for wizards or sorcerers?

So NYE was actually a lot of fun.  The husband and I drove all the way across the road to ST and PJ's for dinner with them and NB.  Dinner was excellent and the husband informed me earlier in the day he had volunteered me to make and bring dessert.  I went with the old reliable mini chocolate souffles.  I added homemade whipped cream this time. 

We actually stayed up to watch the ball drop in Times Square.  We were watching CNN for some reason and they had Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper hosting.  Seriously?  I don't know how CNN came up with that pairing and I was surprised to find out they have been doing it for five years now.  Kathy Griffin was so close to the line so many times, she actually was pretty funny and outrageous.  My two favorite things she said was Justin Bieber has an eating disorder and she kept harassing Anderson Cooper about if she could watch his balls drop.

OMG Dick Clark...ya gotta love the guy for still doing it but I feel sad for him as he is clearly not the host he used to be doing it.


I actually got all the Christmas cards out- not on time but mailed out none the less.  I am sure most people will assume I just forgot them and sent them out late but whatevuh...

I also plotted out my training for the god damn half marathon.  I of course googled training programs for one and found a good one.  So I put it on my GOOG calendar and lo and behold I am already a week behind.  So I have been doing my running in the mornings at the gym before work.  It seems all my long runs will be on Sundays and I have Mondays and Fridays off.

I had to laugh at this one.  A married (straight) couple that we are friends with sent us a box of Sees Candy for Christmas along with their card.  When I went to open it and I read it was the "fruits and nuts" version I of course had to text the husband and ask him just what he was implying.  OF course the box lasted only one day...if that.

There is a totally woofy conductor on the train now very early in the morning.  I think he may have caught me checking out his assets Tuesday.

I cannot for the life of me understand how the NDAA is not getting even more air time and or press?  Seriously, there are more stories and references to it on the tome of mugs than there are in the MSM.  Clearly the MSM is doing their job as the Ministry of Propaganda for the oligarchs in this country.  If you are not sure what I am referring to it is the National Defense Appropriation Act.  Basically it is the gutting of the Bill of Rights and funny, anachronisms like posse comitatus but hey, no biggie...

What I find really annoying about it is that there are people who are ascribing this to President Obama.  Yes he did not need to sign it and could have had a showdown with Congress about it but it was Congress that wrote this deplorable piece of legislation and they did in a bipartisan manner.

GOOG it if you want to find out more about it.  It aint pretty.

I was surprised to see the Fed/government/plutocrats were able to get the markets to close flat here for '11.  That is actually quite a feat they accomplished.  Clearly the Europeans need to learn some new tricks when it comes to manipulating markets.

As for training I ran three miles Tuesday in 25 minutes and four this morning in 33.  Not too shabby for a middle aged guy.

Monday night we had dinner with our neighbors and we were of course being typical gays- you know critiquing attire and fitness of others in the restaurant.  I made the comment that I am straight skinny but gay fat.  That was a good one but I cannot take credit for it as it was a joke in an episode of "American Dad."

The tree is still up.  I asked the husband Saturday if we could take it down but he said no, it stays up until Balthazar, Caspar and Melchior arrive.  That would be Friday but we will be taking it and the lights down Saturday with the boys.

Totally psyched to see The Devil Inside this weekend.

No comments: