Saturday, December 31, 2011

WTF?

Just a quick post. 

A month or so ago the husband asked me if I had any interest in doing the NYC Half Marathon again. I told him no effing way, go shit in your hand and make a fist.  He pleaded with me and gave me the line c'mon it is a lottery, what are the odds of you making it in again two years in a row.  Apparently the odds are really fucking good! 

Yeah, I got in, found out last night as I was giving the boys their four star dinner on the road, aka McDonalds.  I noticed I had an email so as I was waiting in the drive thru line I opened it and there it was- Congratulations, we'll see you on March 18th.

I starting cursing a blue streak out loud and the boys think something bad happened- which it has.  I explain to them the situation and they are laughing at me.  I drove like the husband- very fast and some might think a bit aggressively- and got us home in four hours and two minutes with only one pit stop.  My youngest was very impressed- he did not think I had it in me to drive like his step father...

My first question to the husband was did you get in too?  If you did not you have to do the training with me.  He did not.  Seriously- why can't I get this lucky with the good damn Mega Millions or Power Ball?

This morning was target practice in the back yard for everyone with their bb guns.  Let's just say we all need practice...

No comments: