Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Periwinkle peppermint

The weekend was actually quite relaxing.  We had the boys again and we celebrated my youngest son's birthday.  His birthday is actually today but we celebrated Friday night as ST and PJ wanted to be part of it.  The husband made fish and I made a birthday cake with sprinkles.  My youngest requested I make my (in)famous butter cream frosting for the cake and I asked what color he wanted.  He said periwinkle.  He also added he wanted it peppermint flavored.  So that is what he got.

Saturday I hit the dojo- Cobra kai, never die!- and then the snow started.  Normally four inches doesn't impress me- I swear I am not a size queen besides it's not the size of the nail but the force of the hammer that counts- but four inches of snow in Jersey in October...now that impressed me.

We had planned on hitting Creepy Hollow's haunted farm but the snow put the kibosh on that.  I did call to make sure they were not keeping hours and the person who answered was incredulous that I was asking.  So we basically had a shutter day after we dragged the boys shopping- Banana Republic was having a 40% off sale and my youngest got to pick his birthday gift at BKS and GME.

I made pizzas for dinner and garlic bread and then we watched "Zombie Apocalypse" on SciFi.  The acting was really bad and within the first five minutes we all agreed the character Ramona deserved to die.

Sunday was nice and quiet.  The husband and I took the kids for a walk  along the canal in the snow and they had a blast.  Then we just relaxed.

So my mom asked me why those kids are protesting Wall street and why don't they go get jobs...sigh.  First, if U6 was still not hovering near a high of ~18% I am sure they would love jobs.  Second they are not protesting Wall Street per se, they are protesting the economic system we currently have in this country which is not capitalism.  It is crony capitalism or a plutocratic corporatist system where by the middle men who caused this whole mess are getting bailed out by their friends and former colleagues in government and the person who really needs the bail out- the fabled American middle class- is getting left high and dry.

Greece is the word, the word.  So the government there is going to actually allow democracy to take place and let the citizens vote on the new austerity/bail out package.  Funny how when they decided to allow that the markets tank.  Remember- you have been told that Greece will default by mid-December at the latest...

Funny thing about financial companies- they are really just confidence games and once the lose that confidence they are goners.  It always makes me laugh when people in this business talk about book value in regards to financial companies.  MF clearly demonstrates the issue.  It also makes quite the case for the Volcker Rule. It also brings up the novel idea of counter party risk as well and that is what could turn this into a larger issue...

New future ex-husband in the gym in the mornings.  He wears these orange Nikes and is def a hot, short, compact black Irish boy.  He is definitely straight so I can only lust after him from afar.  He is a Jersey boy too as he wore a sweatshirt for the lacrosse team at a Jersey college.

Kim who?  Seriously- who gives a shit about some whore who only got married to make ~$17 million then two months later divorced the guy.  Clearly she got divorced because gays are ruining the sanctity of marriage...

Yesterday I did dress up at the office.  I had a sweet plaid leisure suit, polyester shirt, huge gold medallion and kick ass platform shoes that had clear heels with goldfish (plastic not real) in them.  I also had the 'fro wig.  It was quite a hit.  The ladies I get my coffee from did not even recognize me and several women in the office asked where I found the shoes (please- these days you find everything on the internet) and if they could borrow them...

No comments: