Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The verdict is misadventure

Hit the dojo- Cobra Kai never die!- last night and again in the second class it was just two of us.  I am getting to know the new joshu better and he is a pretty good guy.  I think one of the things I like most about him is he has admitted the school tries to get you to drink the Kool Aid, aka it is somewhat cult like.  He is young enough to be my son- really, if I was like my father and had kids when I was right out of college at 22.

Did anyone else see that YHOO story about one Drew Manning?  He is a personal trainer who is "super-sizing" himself so he will know what it is like to be a typical American.  It is really too bad because he is pretty damn hot when he is in shape and if I were his wife I'd kick his fat ass out of the bedroom.  Just saying...

The whole Euro zone mess/Greek drama is coming to a head.  I just saw that an agreement has been reached with the banks that private investors will take a 50% haircut on their Greek debt holdings.  The way that is worded means that the public investors- the ECB, public pension funds etc.- will not be taking a haircut.  WTF?  Does that make any sense to anyone?  I can predict the argument will be the public investors are holding them to maturity blah blah blah but it is complete bullshit.  I have not seen if this is a "voluntary" haircut but that is moot.  I also am of the mind set that a 50% haircut will not appease the market gods as the debt instruments in question are already trading at 35-40 cents on the dollar, that is a 60-65% haircut.  I read one well known bear saying the debt holders should accept a 90% hair cut.  Regardless this is going to force all the Euro banks to scramble and find non-public capital to shore themselves up (assuming it is determined to be a credit event)- good luck.

Believe it or not sometimes I can be one twisted, bad person, lol.  The head of IT- who also happens to be a  neighbor as he lives about 2 miles away- is a germaphobe.  I figured this out after being in the mens room a few time at teh same time he was.  He is one o those types who washes his hands and uses hand sanitizer and then uses a paper towel to open the door as he is exiting.  So of course once I got this I started making sure that if we were in there together and finishing at the same time, I'd wash my hands and hold the door for him and then proceed to touch his shoulder, or arm or back or any part of him, lol.  It freaks him out as in he will visibly cringe.  At this point in time he now makes sure if I walk up to the sinks while he is ther ehe rushes like a bat out of Hell to get out of there before I am done.

"American Horror Story" on F/X is one excellently spooky, creepy, fucked up, whacked out show.  I am impressed with several things:  The guys from "Glee" are responsible for it, Jessica Lange is in it and great, Dylan McDermott is in it and shirtless a lot, and Dylan McDermott's ass is really hot...

Since we are in the horror vein- Paranormal Activity 3.  We took the boys to see it this past weekend and it was really good.  There are at least three scenes that I found pretty scary and freaked me out a bit.  If you have seen the first two it is definitely worth it and if you have not it is still a great scary flick to see.  And I was totally psyched it was not in 3D.

I remember Steve Jobs.  When I got my first iPod I was in heaven- until I got the first bill from the iTunes store.  It was pretty outrageous- not like a $200,000 cell phone bill outrageous but close.  Anyhow, I reached out to Mr. Jobs to discuss it and went to his house.  At that time he lived in this really cool glass cube underwater- right next tot he Legion of Doom (a pretty sweet neighborhood).  We came to an agreement tht allowed me to work my bill off...

Why can't the U.S. justice system have a verdict of misadventure?  I read about Amy Winehouse and the coroner rendered a verdict of misadventure in her death- isn't that so British?  Ya know I really could have used an outcome like that during my freshman year of college...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it sucks that early in Drew M's crazy journey he weighs more than me but still has clearly visible abs. - JP