Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle yeah

The weekend was fun and relaxing.  We only had my youngest son as his older brother was away at DIS with his friend and said friend's family.  The funny thing was my youngest asked if ST and PJ would still be joining us for dinner Friday night.  I told him of course, they dine with us every Friday night and just because his older brother was not there did not mean they weren't coming.  I am sensing therapy for him at some point with sibling issues...

Saturday our friend JB came down from the city to spend the day and lunch with us.  It was great and he brought these awesome desserts from some place called Lulu.  The husband took him over to ST and PJ's gallery to show him all the pretty cool art they have.  That night we bought Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, Part II on on demand and watched it.  It was pretty good even though the husband fell asleep during it.

Sunday was switched out all the coats int he closet for the winter coats that were stored down in the basement.  Then we went and saw Immortals.  The movie sucked in a big way.  The only positives in it were Henry Cavill and Stephen Dorff being shirtless most of the time.

Speaking of shirtless hot guys, last weekend the husband and I watched Crazy Stupid Love and I blurted out during the Dirty Dancing re-enactment scene I would totally cheat on you with him to the husband- referring of course to Ryan Gossling of course.  So much for internal dialogue but the husband agreed he is allowed.

The Peace of Westphalia (which I believe I erroneously referred to as the Treaty of Westphalia in a prior post but because I don't tag I am not bothering looking)  has been the dominant paradigm for close to 650 years.  I find it hard to believe it will fall to the wayside in twelve years (how long the euro has been around) solely because of a common currency.  Yet that is what many commentators seem to believe and continuously spout every chance they get.  Which leads me to believe the euro will disappear- paradigm shifts don't happen in that quickly outside of technology.

Is anyone else getting tired of the term technocrat?  I read a great comment from an economist who said you know we are in trouble when they put the economists in charge.  But as someone else pointed out the alternative would be an extremist and Europe has quite a history of getting in and causing a lot of trouble when an extremist comes to power...

So apparently Germany says it is willing to give up some of its national sovereignty to help the euro- how kind considering they are the ones who will end up in charge.

In case you were unsure if the economy is in a recession I'd venture it is.  I know- the yield curve is not inverted so how can we possibly be in a recession?  Really?  You are trying to say that the yield curve indicator is still a valid indicator?  You do know the Fed is openly and admittedly manipulating the yield curve right?  That is what Operation Twist is, so if the yield curve is not reflecting the actuality because it is subject to open manipulation then it can't really be an indicator of anything.

I need to let go of my anger toward M. Buffet so let me get this out and that will be end of it.  Here is a guy who has actively and legally done all he can to minimize the taxes he pays his entire business career.  Now how ever he has found religion and decided minimizing taxes is bad and it should be ended.  He feels so bad for his secretary who pays more than him.  Hello- then maybe you should be paying your secretary a larger salary?  Or here is a novel idea- stop taking steps to minimize your tax bill and pay what the government intended you to pay.  I find it very disingenuous  for him to spend his life making a boat load of money, minimizing his taxes the entire tie and then say ok, I;'m done, no one else should be able to do this too.  He made it into the castle and now wants to raise the drawbridge so on one else can get in.

I think I need to get the LMFAO album.  They have a great, catchy  tune that I need to get on my iPod for my cardio work outs- you know the song already- "I'm sexy and I know it" is the chorus but my favorite line is "I got passion in my pants and I aint afraid to show it."  I work out is the secondary chorus.

Speaking of working out, I almost beat the crap out of someone at the gym the other day.  I saw this person smirk and laugh when a rather large person stepped on to the treadmill.  I am a huge fan of anyone who realizes they are not in shape and makes a choice to change that- especially if that ens they are in the gym at 6 AM.  That person deserves a pat on the back and support, not some asshole laughing at them.

The whole Penn State scandal/tragedy is appalling.  Seriously all  the people involved should be prosecuted.  The accuse- who openly admits showering with ten year old boys- should be executed.  The students who rioted because the coach got fired?  Get a clue you dumb fucks, seriously- you are supporting someone who knew for thirteen yeas there was a monster amongst them.   I also would love to see the NCAA show some balls and sanction the football program.  I doubt that will happen though; the NCAA only goes after programs that cut them out of the money making by selling game memorabilia and not giving Caesar his due. For those who say the players should not suffer, only the guilty should well those players are representatives of the university and the university probably was most likely aware of what was going on so I'd call them guilty of abetting a child rapist and thus they should be punished.  Full Disclosure:  I am sorta being petty and loving the fact that Penn State is getting dumped on and especially the football program as the entire family of the ex went there and they are huge lovers/supporters of the school.  The ex did not go there, she went to a school in New England.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Agreed as to Buffett.

However, your call for Sandusky (as disgusting as he is) to be "executed" is over the top. We can't even get half the states to terminate the lives of the scum who KILL innocent people, including ten year old boys (and girls). So you will not -- nor should you -- get the death penalty against someone who used some number of 10 to 12 year old boys to satisfy his lusts in some fashion. (Note that Sandusky denies that he penetrated the boy in the shower incident; we shouldn't make up our minds on this until all the evidence is in.) Even the grand jury presentment (which involved little to no evidence for the defense) makes clear that whenever the boys whom Sandusky "befriended" objected to his advances, he backed off.