Monday, June 6, 2011

The Raven

So I took Friday off to get ready for the big weekend.  The husband had other ideas however he made us get up at 6 AM and go do a brick.  The sadist made us ride 21 miles and then run 4 1/2 miles.  Holy crap it was a pain in the ass.  We got done and then he became the slave driver and made us finish cleaning up the front yard.  I then rushed tot he train station to pick up Mr. Clifford and his bf PS.  By the time we got back I needed a drink so it was time for a quick cocktail before I had to go to the grocery store and get every thing for dinner Friday night.  I made steaks on the grill, the husband made this amazing risotto and we had a salad as well.  I had also made a birthday cake with home made chocolate butter cream frosting as Saturday was PS' birthday.  ST and PJ came at the appointed hour and we had a nice dinner.

Saturday we slept in late and then we went and saw X-Men:  First Class.  The movie was very good even though it was clearly not of the X-Men canon in any way whatsoever.

We then started getting ready for the dinner party we were having that evening.  Mr. Clifford and PS were excellent guests and really helped us out getting everything ready.  Our dinner guests arrived a bit late but that was okay with us.  We had a nice time drinking wine on the screened in porch and then dinner was served.  Our guests left and we cleaned up a bit and then decided it was time to take Mr. Clifford and PS out discoing for PS' birthday.  We crossed the border to the Keystone State and hit one of the local gay bars there.  We had a lot of fun- maybe too much fun, lol.  Sunday morning was very difficult for all of us.

I dropped Mr.Clifford and PS off at the rain station and then it was finally nap time.  That did not last long though as we are getting the floors in the bedrooms and den refinished to match the floors we put in.  So we had to break down and move everything out of the rooms and take the art off the walls.  We then left only the couch and tv in the den and watched "Game of Thrones."  I slept at the cottage last night, got up early and caught the train back tot he apartment and off to work so no training this morning.

I cannot believe they are making Teen Wolf into a television series.  Really?  You've got to be frackin' kidding me!  The movie sucked ass and I have to think Michael J. Fox made it solely to fulfill a contractual obligation.

I am looking forward to "Falling Skies" on TNT.  That will definitely have to get put on the dvr.

The summer intern is here and he is sitting next to me again.  I will end up giving him the usual "There is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people" speech.

No comments: