Monday, June 13, 2011

Sometimes my own gayness surprises me

Holy frack- I cannot believe Ned Stark lost his head!  "Game of Thrones" has gotten much better but Sean Bean has to be one pissed off actor and sworn off anymore swords and sorcery projects.

I stayed down at the cottage last night as the husband and I moved stuff back onto the floors that are newly ebonized.  So that means I got to take the train in this morning and the commute was not that bad.  I got thru most of my emails and BBRG messages and read most of the top news stories then got to start reading Robopocalypse

I have not commented on the whole Weinergate but I have to say the guy did nothing illegal- stupid yes but illegal no.  I was a bit annoyed when the GOP started calling for his resignation- really?  For sending lewd pics over his cell phone?  Clearly I will never be able to run for public office as I did that in between the 1st marriage and the 2nd marriage and I am sure those pics are still out there somewhere, lol.  The hypocrisy shown by the GOP is a bit too much.  It's real simple, let the voters in his Congressional district decide.

I love the Taco Truck in Hoboken and they actually do have a food truck.  I saw that it was in the city today and only ten blocks from my office.  I quickly told the boss we were doing tacos for lunch today, walked the ten blocks down to the new part of the High Line where the truck was located and bought the tacos.   I then hoofed it back to the office.  Two highlights of my lunch excursion- the hot, shirtless construction worker with great ink who I whistled at as I walked by- love turning the tables on them- and the cute guy working the truck who took my order and I informed him I eat dinner from the restaurant in Hoboken at least twice a week.

So when I was at the VZ store yesterday getting my youngest his phone I was informed I was due for a phone upgrade.  I told the guy thanks but I am happy with my Crackberry Storm 2 and when my IT guys decided to support android I'd go the route of an android phone anyway.  That got me thinking today at the office so I asked the IT head if we were any closer to supporting android.  He said yes in about three weeks- whoo hoo.  I then checked with my BBRG rep to see if they have an android app and they do.  Awesome.  So in three or so weeks I will be upgrading from my Storm 2 to an android phone and I have to say my youngest did his homework and I may be going the route of the LG Vortex.  It is comparable to my Storm 2 in functionality and size.  Plus then I, the husband and my sons will all have android phones so we can all play words with friends.

I really surprise myself with my own gayness at times.  Two things- I carry a Leatherman Micra which is a mini tool kit in my pocket- lol, I said tool and pocket in the same sentence.  Second if I have a short run to do- as in thirty minutes or less- I will go right to Katy Perry's "Firework" and hit replay continuously.  I am fairly certain I have been seen/caught singing along, out loud to it as well, lol.

I was chatting with a friend I went to college and who is in the same line of work I am in but on the Dark Side.  He and I agreed this summer is going to be very painful for the Street and he commented that we'd see many forms go out of business.  I was a bit doubtful about that until I found out from the boss that a shop his friend worked at and shut down paid multiple seven figures in commissions to the Street.  That supported a lot of people in this business.  I then thought back to one of my old saws that the Street doesn't care on the direction of the market for the most part as much as they do on the amount of volume.  I need to clarify that as there is a point where the direction of the market matters and that is when it is a slow and steady down because at some point that will destroy volume and turn the public off from investing.  I think we are getting close to that point if not there already.  I have also said for at least 7 years there is too much capacity in my business.  When that happens in any industry the only things that happen are prices go down and a war of attrition starts or people decide to fold up their tents and go home.

I just read that the CIA is now going to start conducting drone strikes in Yemen.  WTF?  I can guarantee that the MSM will not take President Obama to task they way they would have if the previous Administration had admitted to or consented to such a thing.

No comments: