Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Even with a cloudy sky I keep my eyes fixed on the sun

The weekend was busy and mostly productive.  The un[roductive part was Saturday morning looking for towel bars.  The husband is somewhat particular about his bathroom fixtures whereas I tend to be less so.  So rather than us making a hasty decision one of us would regret or possibly get very bitter about we decided Sunday morning we'd just get a floor towel rack.  We then hit Homo Depot and get the remainder of the things we'd need to onstall the L-shaped shower curtain rod we have.  Then it was cleaning time and I have to say I now know why the ebony bamboo strand flooring we installed was on sale- dark floors show all the dirt, especially paw prints from two dogs.  By the end of the day I made the call that the shower curtain rod was Sunday's business as I knew if we tried late in the afternoon we'd up having some sort of argument over it.  The husband laughed heartily but did not disagree.  We went out to dinner with PJ and St and had a great dinner and a fun time.  The husband told me that PJ actually admitted- before it was just implied- that he was very excited we'd be his neighbors on a more full time basis.

Sunday morning was a complee waste of time trying to find a god damn floor towel rack.  Seriously- does no major department store chain carry them anymore?  We checked everywhere and it was a complete bust.  So we figured we'd find one on the internets instead and off we went to install the shower curtain rod.  It surprisingly was relatively painless for all parties involved.  We then installed door stops, cleaned even more, put some rugs down, unpacked kitchen stuff. etc  I got a call in the afternoon from the ex- my oldest was playing and running around in the snow with his brother and friends and fell and tore open his knee.  He got five stitches.  He sent me a picture and it grossed out the husband and I forwarded it to my two brothers.  His mom said he was very brave but she nearly passed out while he got the stitches.. 

The husband left for Aspen this morning with TK for Gay Ski Week.  I passed.

The bus ride had one cute married guy on it this morning, we'll call him Lacoste.

The more I read and listen to some pundits I am fairly certain the Fed needs to get rid of its dual mandate and focus solely on price stability.  The Executive branch and the Legislative branch are responsible for the rest.

I wonder if Steve Jobs has secretly recreated Zoe's resurrection program and is getting ready to become a skin Jobs?

I had a dentist appointment today after work, nothing to write about.

Two albums that are getting heavy play time on the iPod right now are Band of Skulls, Baby Doll Face Darling Honey and Cage The Elephant, Thank You Happy Birthday.  I highly reccommend them.

I cannot wait to go see The Rite.  I also saw an add for The Eagle and woof- definitely seeing that one.

No comments: