Monday, November 15, 2010

Yes I am that shallow at times that I will buy something that has a hot guy in the ad

Last week was not to busy but the weekend was mentally taxing.

Thursday night I met up with the husband and one of his friends from his days spent in London.  His friend is actually Turkish and was in New York for work.  they met up before dinner to pre-game.  The husband said he needed a bar that would provide sufficient eye candy for his friend so I told him to go to Boxers.  It was such a a good call that after dinner we went back there.  The boys behind the bar are hot but the man bouncing was completely hot!

As usual the husband pulled his chatty Cathy act with a woman at the bar.  I of course got dragged into it somehow only to have the husband ditch us and try to get his friend laid, lol.  The woman was actually very nice.  A pharma sales rep.  Her husband is an i-banker.  I asked her what possessed her to stop in the bar.  She is from Michigan and a huge sports fan so decided to pop in as she lives in the neighborhood.  She then realized she was in a gay bar but stayed anyways as she knew she'd be able to watch sports undisturbed- that is until the husband started chatting her up, lol.

Friday night was quiet and we stayed in as the husband had his trail half marathon Saturday morning.  I would have run it too if not for my recent knee issue. 

Saturday morning we were up and on the road early.  The thermometer in the car said it was 37 degrees.  The husband was not happy.  He did the first loop and was dying, lol.  Apparently a trail half marathon is nothing like a road half marathon.  Trail seems to be a misnomer as most of the race apparently was through woods, over streams and involved climbing an extremely rocky, near vertical incline.  I am actually upset I missed the race as it sounds like I would have enjoyed it.

We then hit the road again and stopped at a local, incredibly cheap counter top place.    It was close to becoming painful for me to walk through the warehouse looking at all the different types of stone and have to come up with some kind of comment on the pattern, color or tonality.  Thankfully the race was starting to hit the husband so we wrapped up sooner rather than later.

Down to the cottage.  Painting for me.  Saturday night we went to dinner with ST and PJ at a local, semi-legendary eating establishment that was closing.  Sadly they did not play "Last Dance."

Sunday I hit the pool.  One of the gyms in the chain near the cottage actually has a proper sized pool.  So I hit the pool for a half hour.  Then it was back to the cottage for painting.   Then off to HD to finalize the kitchen cabinets with a side trip to BBY to check out appliances of course.  I was making it through admirably until I got asked about drawer pulls.  Thankfully that is all done.

The ten year Treasury had some interesting action today.  No one had an intelligent reason as to what caused the move but I would venture to say that hopefully the bond market vigilantes are back and starting to price risk properly again.

On the way home from the pool I stopped at DD to get some coffee.  I saw their new Sausage Pancake Bites and decided to try them solely because of the hot guy they use in the ad.  They actually were not bad.  Don't get me wrong I won't be getting them often but they were good.

No comments: