Monday, November 29, 2010

Don't call me Shirley

I am sad to see Leslie Nielsen go.  I loved his deadpan comedy, dry, sardonic wit as it is totally my type of humor.  It has become a bad influence on the husband too.  this past weekend he totally pulled one of my lines that is a homage to the scene from Airplane!  that goes like something like "This woman needs to get to a hospital.  A Hospital?  What is it?  A big building with patients but that's not important right now."  The mother-in-law asked when is Christmas and the husband blurted out "the same day every year."  He then looked at me with that oh my God I just used one of your lines.

The other thing this past weekend that kind of stunned me was when my oldest came to me in the kitchen and handed me his phone.  It was his mom and she asked me how long do you boil potatoes?  I told her until you stick a fork in them and the potato slides off or breaks apart.  She then said she wanted a specific time and I told her roughly 25-30 minutes.  She thanked me and wished me a Happy Thanksgiving. 

Some stuff I read recently that had me scratching my head:  "Fake pot is not a safe alternative to illegal narcotics."  I did not even now there was such a thing as fake pot?  Then in reference to the whole WikiLeaks issue today a French official said the leaks are "...a threat to the authority of democratic society."  Sorry but I thought a democratic society derived its authority from the people?  Isn't a free press also a hallmark of a democratic society?  It also smacks of the people shouldn't know the whole truth as they can't handle it and just trust the government.

No one hot on the bus this morning.  Maybe it is just the fact that everyone is starting to wear coats and sweaters and hats so I can't really get a sense of who is hot or not.  Slept in this morning, no gym, figured two hours at the dojo- wax on, wax off- would suffice.  Then I foolishly jinxed myself by telling the husband I had no work in Asia tonight.  Of course right before I left I got loaded up with work for Asia.  So I will be hitting the dojo- sweep the leg!- tomorrow night.

No comments: