Saturday, November 20, 2010

Don't tell me what to do, just ask

This week was kind of slow actually.  No hot guys on the bus that I can recall as I am writing without any notes.

Tuesday night I attended a charity event with a most of my co-workers and a bunch of people in the business.  It was held at the space the gays usually hold their Boys With Toys charity event- which by the way is a Friday night this year but the husband and I are not going as we will be down at the cottage to finish off the floor in the kitchen.

Wednesday night I actually had a nice quiet evening.  The husband was down at the cottage and I got home still tired from Tuesday night's festivities and finished Towers of Midnight.  I hit the hay early too and got well rested.

Thursday night I had drinks with a business associate.  I had hesitated setting this up as I have known the guy for years- from when we were young punks in the business (I'm still a punk, just not young while he has acquired a veneer of respectability).  My reason for hesitating was when LEH went under I reached out to him several times to make sure he was ok, could I help in any way, etc.  Never heard back from the guy.  Then once the other division got rolled up into us I come to find out he does business with them and voila- he is now reaching out to me.  I asked a friend in the business who was part of the young punk crowd if I was just being a stubborn mick and he said yes, so I met him for drinks.  He hasn't changed, lol.

After that it was off to dinner with the husband and one of his good friends from his London days.  She was in town for work.  We had a great dinner and of course had a bit too much wine.  Come to find out KG is pregnant.  Great for her as she will make an awesome mother.

Friday morning it was down to the cottage.  I had a doctor's appointment to get my knee checked out.  The first thing was they took x-rays.  Nothing showed up on them.  Next the doctor came in and turned and pushed my knees all which way.  Nothing.  He said look, you are not 21 anymore, you need to stretch, get new running shows and change your gait.  Here is the best part though.  I actually paid nothing for the appointment, i.e. my health insurance worked!  I was a bit surprised.

Back to the cottage where the husband and I proceeded to take out the old kitchen cabinetry.  The only thing we left was the base cabinet that has the sink in it as the husband will still need to clean his hands and the occasional paint brush.  Then off to my youngest son's school for his annual parent/teacher conference.  I also realized this is the last one I will have to do as he goes to middle school next year.

Then the boys and I went back to PJ and ST's farm and picked up the husband and the kids and back up to Jersey City.

Tonight we are going to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows.  I did not think my oldest would want to see it but he is all excited.

Last week was all about Europe.  If anyone thinks anything has been solved over there or changed they are sadly mistaken.  Being of Irish descent I have to admit I get why Ireland is fighting being forced to take the bailout.  We Irish hate being told we have to do something- ask nicely and we comply.  It is also the whole pride thing and the idea that our suffering is not only part of what makes us Irish but makes stronger.   It doesn't matter as once Ireland is utterly forced into it everyone else will fall- Portugal, Spain and now you are starting to here more about Italy.

Next week should be like Harry Potter's Hollows- deathly.  It is always a slow week especially with Thursday off and only a half day Friday.  It is also traditionally a week some company tries to pull a fast one and sneak something by the markets.

No comments: