Thursday, July 26, 2012

You are slowly becoming a man

I almost got sick at work yesterday morning.  I happened to look up at one of the televisions and it was the one that had the Childrens News Brodacasting Corportion airing.  There he was- the man about 95% responsible for the repeal of Glass-Stegall  which lead to banks keeping profits but socializing losses.  This guy actually had the audacity to call for the break up of the TBTF banks.  Talk about hypocrisy.  I am surprised the guy was not crucified more in the press today.  He got off pretty lightly.

Then I moved over to BBRG and I heard some talking head averring that the Fed's dual mandate is causing huge problems.  So far, so good.  He then went on to say he can't understand why the Fed is worried about growth when they have delivered a 6-7% increase in the S&P 500.  WTF?  That statement right there beautifully encapsulates what is wrong with so many of the financial elites.  They equate price appreciation in the market with a growing economy.  I mean I get it as they are the majority owners of the assets that get traded and have had a huge rally.  JW has repeatedly told me I live in a lifestyle and information bubble and the guy on tv saying that a 6-7% rally in the S&P 500 is good for Joe Six Pack proves how myopic many in my industry really are.

I have to chuckle that I find myself defending Turbo Tax Timmy.  He really had very little recourse in the whole LIBOR-gate issue.  I found myself agreeing with one of the Democratic Congressmen who basically said he is getting scapegoated by the GOP because he is serving a Democratic President.

My oldest had a rite of passage the other day.  Instead of going to his job at his mom's boyfriend's place of work he was asked to stay home and wait for the cable guy to come.  He was told the cable guy would be there between 2-4 PM.  Of course the guy did not show up until 6 PM- hahahaha!  My oldest was pissed and went on a rant about what the hell is wrong with these people?  They grow up so fast don't they?

The whole Chik-a-Fil thing had me torn a bit.  I am all for free speech etc.  If people don't like what some business proprietor publicly says they can choose not to give him their business.  Then I read a friend's post on the Tome of Mugs:  "Ok people- to clarify: Having an opinion and expressing that (including an opinion on the opinions of others) = free speech. Having an opinion and expressing that, while simultaneously funding legislation that limits the civil rights of others = discrimination. See the difference?"  I don't think there are nay of those restaurants around here but I clearly would not give them my business.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei do seu Blog, muito legal!! Acompanha-lo ei de hoje em diante ;)
Att. PedroHenrique13