Sunday, July 22, 2012

That was sorta fun...not

So this Jew and Hindu are getting married and they have two goys making their chuppah for them...I know that sounds like the start of a really bad, possibly offensive ethnic joke but it is not.  The husband and I are the goys and our friends who are getting married this coming weekend are actually a Jew and a Hindu.  They are getting married down here and because we are local and we have an awesome set of tools they asked us to take care of it for them (they currently live in the city).  So yesterday we assembled it.  I learned the husband is afraid of the jig saw- ha!  I also learned that the two of us are both sometimes opinionated about how to do things.  There were several times where in my supreme snippiness I told the husband fine you cut it.  regardless we got it done and it will only be up during the ceremony for a short time so it does not need to be built to last forever.  The husband will be painting it though.

This past week was a bit truncated for me.  I worked Monday and then was off Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and back in work Friday.  I had the three days off because I and my brothers and our spouses and spawn all made the trip up north to mom and dad's new house to have a fete for their 50th anniversary.  The boys had a blast and it was really quite fun even with a family photo Tuesday in 99 degree weather.  That night we had a barbecue at the new house and Wednesday we hung out all day there and then it was a family dinner at a great restaurant on Skaneateles Lake. Thursday morning it was back here and since we had the boys for the weekend too they decided to stay with us Thursday night and Friday. 

This morning we got our tired, old asses out of bed way too early for a Sunday morning to go over to the county park and do a triathlon.  Not just any triathlon either but an Olympic.  I was not sure I was ready for it as I had given quite a half assed effort at training but I finished it.  My time by my Timex was 3 hours, 12 minutes and 23 seconds.  That includes all my transitions btw.  My only concern is during the bike ride there was a race official riding the course on the back of a motorcycle and I saw him look at me and make a note.  The race was a USAT sanction race so I am not sure if I incurred a penalty and if so for what I don't know.

Hmmm- I just saw my race results and I was assessed a two minute penalty- I am not sure what rule I violated but the good thing is the husband got one too, lol.  And my Timex was pretty accurate as with the penalty I came in at 3:14 and change...

This coming week is rather busy.  The husband has to demonstrate the chuppah tomorrow, Tuesday night we are having dinner with JD and JW, Wednesday we probably will have to tidy up, Thursday I have business drinks, Friday we have wedding guests staying with us for the weekend, the wedding Saturday.




No comments: