Sunday, October 12, 2008

What a week

So last weekend we closed the beach house. We got the DNA Magazine while out there solely because of the guy on the cover- Will Fennel. Had never heard of him before but he is smokin'!!!! The husband told me if I lost 20 lbs. I could sort of come close to looking like him so I guess I've got something to shoot for this winter, lol.

Monday night we had my in-laws over for dinner and they spent the night so we went thru some wine. Tuesday night we went to the Madonna concert. I fulfilled my marital obligation. I was glad we were in a skybox with it's own bathroom and free vodka. The husband told me it was a great concert and he really enjoyed it. Wednesday night we had our friend ST over for his birthday and again more wine. Thursday we were very psyched to do nothing but watch the Winchester brothers and go to bed. However Mr. Market did not cooperate at all and we were both so shell shocked that when JT came over for some dinner and cards we had some more wine.

JT was over because he was watching the kids for us this weekend. We went down to Washington DC. We were going to go to Gaylaxicon- the nation's premiere GLBT Sci Fi convention.

Friday I had lunch with DS and it didn't matter because by noon the tape had had more gyrations than the 22 year old go go boy I hooked up with several years ago. Within the first 35 or so minutes there was an 800 basis point swing. The boss was only doing a half day and he left before lunch. By the end of the day we all were shell shocked.

The husband and I got on the train. I had bought a book title The Graveyard Book and read the whole thing by the time we got to Union Station. Neil Gaiman is an excellent writer.

Saturday we went to Gaylaxicon and I have to say it totally sucked and was a huge disappointment. It was really sad since there are so many gays who are sci-fi geeks and if it is one thing gays know how to do it is organize a big event. Mr. Clifford and his boyfriend CS and CS's roommate BC suffered thru it with us as well. The only redeeming thing about it was I paid for the passes so the husband couldn't complain about wasting any money and I got some cheesy tee shirts for friends.

After we bolted from there we went to Annie's (a landmark in DC) and had lunch. The husband and I went to the National Portrait Gallery which is now in the Old Patent Office. It was cool and I was exposed to a lot of modern art.

Saturday night Mr. Clifford treated us to a semi-traditional Korean dinner. We then watched an episode of Stargate Atlantis. After we went to BlowOff. We ran into a guy who lived across from us at the beach last summer.

This morning we had brunch with Mr. Barrett and two of his friends who were in town from Arizona.

We got to Union Station only to find it was being evacuated. No idea why but we had to wait for about 5 minutes. Then we got the all clear. We went in and got some coffee. The board then said our train had not yet arrived so we were delayed in our departure. We went to the shops and while there we saw one of the hotties from our gym in Hoboken. The guy is damn cute and has a really hot ass. Too bad he was there with what we took to be his girlfriend, lol.

This week we hope to finish painting the place. I also hope the markets can calm down.

No comments: