Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Only the Sith speak in absolutes...

Travelling for work, time zone change has me all screwed up but I did bring my lap top so I could play lots of Tiny Adventures on facebook, lol.

Looks like the Senate is forcing the House to pass the bailout. The fact that GE can't access the cp market or at the least is afraid it can't and decided to issue $12 billion in stock and take $2 billion from the Sage will probably drive home the point that this is not just a Street event.

So yesterday a guy I do biz with who the husband has met when we were snowboarding in Vermont this past January called and asked if I had any interest in seeing Madonna. I said "Who?" He laughed and I then asked why he would think I had any interest in seeing that 50 year old tart who steals children? Again he laughed but that may be more because I can affect the amount of money he makes by doing more or less biz with him. He does have a good customer laugh though. Anyhow, I asked him when and he said Tuesday the 7th. I told him sorry the husband's parents are coming over for dinner. Then as a CYA move I IMed the husband and asked if he wanted to move the dinner to the night before (since we are having our friend the minister's son over for his birthday on the 8th) and he said hell ya!

So, I have never gotten into Madonna, have no interest in seeing her in concert and could care less if she has mystical powers of a Jewish origin. I SWORE I would NEVER go to one of her concerts. I told the husband that he owes me for this one...

2 comments:

jh45202 said...

Whatever, I always knew you would end up in front of Madonna, chanting like the rest of us.

She puts on a good show, have fun and make fun of the crowd for me!

Anonymous said...

She's OK, and puts on a good show. But it's HER show. She does not project warmth in concert like, say, Janet Jackson. Janet is very warm, engaging and appreciative of her audience.

You need to see GWAR live in concert.