Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sometimes you have to bribe them

Underworld 3 was actually not bad and even though it is the third installment it is really more a prequel. The best part was we saw this two transexuals. Both looked great in their jeans but their wrists gave them away- that and one of them was taller than me.

Today I got up and drove down to central Jersey to pick up the boys. I got them at their mom's house and took them to the tennis center for my oldest son's group lesson. His mom is in the process of signing him up for the spring session and trying to make it so he has no lessons on Saturdays which is considerate of her but also makes me nervous. Any time she does something that could help me sets of alarms as I am still very gun shy about accepting anything nice she does because it seems to always have an ulterior motive.

The thing is all the classes for advanced beginners are full so I had to speak to the pro about getting him evaluated to move up to intermediate. He was evaluated after the lesson. The pro said he is definitely too strong for advanced beginner but needs to work on a few things to get to intermediate. I explained the situation and he said he would see what he could do to work him into the strong advanced beginner class. I told him no problem, you can discuss it with his mom next weekend.

While I was watching his lesson this woman was loudly arguing on her cell with her mom. It was very annoying. No one cares if the bedroom set is in your mom's crawlspace or if you think she is enabling your brother to continue to act as an irresponsible adult.

Some background on the next part. The ex and I have been trying to get the oldest to play a team sport in the school. He did not do cross country in the fall. So, I bribed him. I told him he could get what he thinks is a better cell phone if he did a fall team sport and one this spring while keeping his grades up. SO he will be doing track this spring and will join the soccer team in the fall as a 7th grader.

After tennis we went to the AT&T store to get my oldest his new Quickfire. We pull up and walk in and the sales guy says sorry, both our network servers are down for the entire east coast. I replied why are you even open then? Seriously, a tech company that can't even keep their server and back up server running for the entire east coast is a joke. So we started to drive home and I told my oldest to keep his eyes open for another AT&T store. We found one, walked in and I asked if their servers were back up. The guy laughed that I knew about that, checked and they were. So we switched out his Shine for a Quickfire. He is happier than a pig in shit.

Tonight we're going to watch Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. The husband is off into the city to have dinner with Ragnar.

No comments: